Linked In – Vote for Sylvester Croom
By Kyle Weidie
Updated: November 12, 2007
- Get Out & Vote!
Go to www.coachoftheyear.com and vote for the 2007 Liberty Mutual College Football Coach of the Year. And who is truthaboutit.net endorsing? None other than Mississippi State’s Sylvester Croom. Why?
- As the first black head football coach in the SEC, Coach Croom has turned around a Mississippi State program from the very unfortunate state it was in after the departure of Jackie Sherrill.
- He has done this the right way (aka the clean way) through developing the good character of the young men in his program.
- Mississippi State, with a win over Alabama this past Saturday, became bowl eligible for the first time since 2000 — they’ve also had wins over ranked opponents this year (Auburn, Kentucky, and Alabama).
- Very scary basketball moment in Israel, as found on ESPN.com’s TrueHoop. Evidently, someone tossed a bag of fireworks onto the court during a game between Hapoel Jerusalem and Hapoel Holon. Considering the state of the world today, this had to be an unbelievably chilling experience for all those involved. What Henry does not mention is that former Mississippi State basketball player, Timmy Bowers, plays for Hapoel Jerusalem. Mario Austin, also a former Bulldog, used to play on the same team with Timmy. He is currently signed to play with Benetton Treviso in Italy, along with former George Washington player, Pops Mensah-Bonsu.
- Interesting blog post by the Washington Post’s Marc Fisher on a study about bow-ties and the type of people who wear them. Personally, I am suspicious of a bow-tie man, veeeery suspicious. Leave them where they belong, reefs and the hair of women.