New Year Links – Joakim Noah’s Rap Album, Whiskey Power & Sean Taylor Numbers
>> A Mississippi State fan powered by whiskey? Really? Who knew? I was able to catch the final 5 minutes of the Bulldogs’ win against Central Florida in the Liberty Bowl. In a 10-3 game where the only TD scored came with just under 4 minutes left, five was all that was needed. In any case, this post from Mr. Irrelevant reminded me of what I saw in those waning minutes, along with what happens when college freshmen are powered by Jack D in Tennessee.
>> There’s always some sort of mysterious time period before you can reference a tragedy in a piece of comedy. Why Don’t We Get Drunk and Blog? has a post entitled, “Unlike Sean Taylor, Sean Taylor Stuff Just Won’t Die” that made my humorous side chuckle a little. However, for those who believe a higher power was at hand, or for those who find inspiration in the fact that the Redskins beat the Cowboys by 21, Sean Taylor’s jersey number; and if this recognition brings the team together on the field for a playoff run and off the field in realizing how valuable life should be held, then I’m just fine with that. [found via yet another Big Lead Roundup]
>> This Raw Fisher post makes me want to go back to stealing music…..but without getting caught.
“I couldn’t believe it when I read that,” says Ray Beckerman, a New York lawyer who represents six clients who have been sued by the RIAA [Recording Industry Association of America]. “The basic principle in the law is that you have to distribute actual physical copies to be guilty of violating copyright. But recently, the industry has been going around saying that even a personal copy on your computer is a violation.”
Did you know that it is supposedly illegal to put the music from your own CD to your own computer? Eff that.
>> Remember when U of California basketball fans caught USC’s Gabe Pruitt with the ultimate set-up for Cal’s senior night? Famed NBDL Blogger, Rod Benson, who played for the Golden Bears then, tell us about being on the other side of that incident, and about being a good sports fan in general.
>> A good Ball Hype recap – Top 10 Sports Videos of 2007
>> Uh oh, Anthony Mason is slapping women in the club again. Happy holidays bitches! He was always a pretty good passing forward, guess those skills don’t extend to the nightlife. It’s only a matter of time until he’s shaving huge jail-house tears in the side of his head.
>> Isiah Thomas is one helluva speech giver. Some of his more prestigious remarks include the word, ‘a-hole’, ‘f-you’ and the ‘C’ word, yes that C word. And this only covers what he learned from Bobby Knight at Indiana…..not his time with the New York Knicks.
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 4: Wizards 98 vs Bulls 89: 14-0 Start Takes Wind Out of Chicago
- Can the Wizards Win Without Nene? Lineup Data That Says Yes (& Pre-Game Wittman)
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 3: Wizards 97 vs Bulls 100: Nene’s Temper a Killer in Another Thriller
- From The Other Side: Butler and Dunleavy Step Up (and Noah Reflects)
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 2: Wizards 101 at Bulls 99: Bulls Beal with Playoff Gutpunch
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Bulls, Playoff Game 2–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 1: Wizards 102 at Bulls 93: Wiz Jab First, Steal Home Bullring Advantage