The Wizards Need This One Against The Magic
- First of all, a win tonight would allow the Washington Wizards to climb back to 5-hunny. The loss to the San Antonio Spurs back on February 6th put the Wiz at the even mark, and they haven’t been at the water line since.
- This fact is pointed out on Wizards Insider, along with the fact that the Magic played a tough game against the Toronto Raptors last night. But does catching a team on the second night of a back-to-back really matter at this point of the season? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t…..but…..
- What matters more to me is that the Wizards have had the chance to rest on Monday and Tuesday.
Brendan Todd versus Dwight David
In their first matchup of the season, game 3 (the DC home opener) when the Wiz were still funkin’ around, Haywood pulled down 16 rebounds along with 10 points, 5 blocks, and 5 personal fouls. Young Dwight had 15 boards, 17 points, 3 blocks and 4 fouls. But Turkey-Gloo could not be stopped as he dropped 25 on the Wiz, leading the Magic to a 94-82 victory, as the Wizards played a “disconnected” 4th quarter.
BTH held his own…and actually negated….the efforts of Dwight D. Howard on that night; he needs to do the same tonight.
And ironically, that’s the only time the Washington Wizards have faced their division rival Orlando Magic this season. Tonight’s game blog will be on Bullets Forever, a link is forthcoming (which is here – the Live Wizards Game 60 Blog on Bullets Forever). That being said, I leave you and Dwight Howard with this picture of your friend, my friend, our friend…..Buddy Jesus.
- Wizards Get Slaughtered by Cavs, Jeff Van Gundy Calls Out Ted Leonsis for ‘Happy Mood’
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Magic, Game 53
- D.C. Council Game 9: Wizards vs Magic — Depth Subdues Drama for Seventh Win
- Key Legislature: Wizards 98 vs Magic 93 — Bench Provides Tinder for Humphries’ Date Night Spark