Washington Wizards Pregame: Milwaukee Buck Quickie
Did some scouting last night and watched the final 7 minutes of regulation, along with the overtime of the Milwaukee Bucks-New York Knicks game….in Beer Town. What was I thinking?
The Bucks went on to win 119-115 (the most points Milwaukee has scored all season).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Micheal Redd was Michael Redd – 36 points, 12-22 FGs, 4-9 from long distance, 9 assists.
- Surprisingly, Wizards Killer, Mo Williams, received little playing time – 5 points in 22 minutes. His defense on Jamal Crawford was horrendous; Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak opted for spark-plus Ramon Sessions instead.
- Andrew Bogut is playing with a big mask. He missed the last two game with a broken nose, but dropped 24 and 13 last night.
- Former Wizard Bobby Simmons broke out the doghouse with 24 points off the bench. Bobby has played a total of 27 minutes in the last 6 games, including 4 DNPs. Overall, Bobby hasn’t exactly panned out since signing a 5 year, $47 million contract with Milwaukee after winning the NBA MIP with the LA Clippers in 04-05. He also missed the entire 06-07 season with an ankle injury.
Washington has faced Milwaukee three times, winning twice.
- Game 31 @ Milwaukee: Washington smacked Milwaukee 101-77. Micheal Redd didn’t play and Mike Hunt bashed Herb Kohl and the franchise in the papers.
- Game 42 @ Milwaukee: Washington went on a wild 11-0 run in the final 74 seconds of regulation to send the game into OT. But Mo Williams would hit two 3s with 80 seconds left in the extra period to pull out the win for the Bucks, 105-102.
- Game 63 in DC: Wiz won a “must win” 105-93. Jamison was a warrior and Nick Young contributed 22 off the bench.
T Seeking GM for ROF
In case you don’t get it, the Bucks are looking for a new General Manager for the rebuilding of their franchise. The son of Del Harris, Larry, is out. The latest interviewee: Suns executive David Griffin. And it looks like Donnie Walsh has finally been eliminated as a candidate, so the search continues. Tommy Sheppard, the Wizards VP of basketball administration is also among those the Bucks are considering.
Go ahead and read this: Wizards’ Sheppard likely to be running a team soon [Ian Thomson – SI.com, March 29, 2007]
Brew Hoopin’ – check out this Milwaukee Bucks blog for the game preview from their perspective.
Wanna see a Yi Jianlian Top Ten ‘Dunk’ Video? I thought you did!
(According to whomever put together this video, ‘dunk’ is evidently like ‘sheep’ – same word both singular and plural)
I also like how the musical score for said video is none other than 1992’s Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-Effect. No one is sure whether Yi Jianlian was born in 1987 or 1984…..in any case, this song probably pre-dates his conception. The clip was posted a year ago, I guess the lag time for popular music to make mainland China is circa 15 years.
While we’re at it — Wikipedia ‘Rump Shaker’ Fact of the Day: “Rump Shaker” is also notable for featuring a verse (performed by Teddy Riley) written by a young Pharrell Williams, who, along with fellow future-Neptune Chad Hugo, contributed additional production work as Teddy Riley’s then-protégés.
Don’t forget to check this odd Yi Jianlian milk commercial:
Huh? I know right….well, go check out Just Another Bucks Fan’s interpretation of the Yi Jianlian commercial. JABF subsequently moved over to Brew Hoop and produced Part II.
I’m not even going to mention the latest Gilbert Arenas ordeal here. I’ll be back later tonight with the game blog…..so I’m sure I’ll have some thoughts then.