Every couple of weeks in the 2008-2009 season, bloggers from ’round the NBA blogosphere will participate in a poll ranking the top 10 MVP candidates and the top five Rookie of the Year candidates. The idea was hatched by the guys at Brew Hoop and a different blog site will host each installment of the rankings. Up first, Ryan McNeill of Hoops Addict.
My rankings are as follows:
1. Dwyane Wade is playing out of this world. Not only is he filling up the stat sheet, even to the tune of 1.6 blocks per game, but he’s creating for his teammates like he’s never done before. Just look at the Miami Heat roster and tell me that they’d have one win without D-Wade. At this point in the season, you can’t say that about any of the other candidates.
2. LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Chris Paul – New Orleans Hornets
4. Joe Johnson – Atlanta Hawks
5. Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics
6. Kobe Bryant – LA Lakers
7. Amare Stoudamire – Phoenix Suns
8. Dwight Howard – Orlando Magic
9. Kevin Garnett – Boston Celtics
10. Rasheed Wallace – Detroit Pistons
Rookie of the Year
1. Derrick Rose – Chicago Bulls
2. Michael Beasley – Miami Heat
3. OJ Mayo – Memphis Grizzlies
4. JaVale McGee – Washington Wizards
5. Luc Mbah a Moute – Milwaukee Bucks
Ok, now head over to Hoops Addict and check the full poll, Blogger MVP and ROY Rankings – Version 1.0.