Blogger Q&A: RaptorBlog.com
The Washington Wizards play the Toronto Raptors tonight….two franchises that have caused a great deal of disappointment for their fans this season. So, in anticipation of the game, I hooked up with Scott from RaptorBlog.com for a quick Q&A session. Read on….
I don’t know where you get the idea that the Raptors are “on the verge of making a run for the playoffs”. This team is seriously flawed. Their offense is average, their defense is subpar, their rebounding is atrocious and their bench is shallow. It’s possible that they could make a surge toward the seventh or eighth seed so that they can get stomped by the Celtics or Cavs like narcs at a biker rally, but I can’t fathom why that would be something to shoot for. This team needs to rebuild and get off the treadmill of .500 seasons and first round playoff losses.
2) The Jermaine O’Neal experiment…..verdict? The Basketball Jones podcast seems to think that J.O. is a hindrance to the Raptor offense. What say you?
Jermaine O’Neal has given the Raptors everything I expected he would in terms of post presence on defense, but it hasn’t translated into improved team defense or wins for some reason. If another team is interested in his defensive presence and would be willing to send players that would give the Raptors some 2009 cap space in return, I would like Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo to make that happen so that Andrea Bargnani can take over the starting center role full-time. Raptors management, coaching and fans need to really see what Bargnani brings to the table and I don’t think they can properly make that assessment with O’Neal still in the mix.
3) What do you think of this Josh Howard to Toronto rumor? Is it a must that the Raps make some sort of trade in any case?
That trade rumor is fabricated. The Mavs don’t get enough in return for Howard and Bargnani is not on the trading block. Hoopsworld is a joke and should never be trusted as a reputable source. SLAM should be embarrassed that they even linked that fairy tale. As for the second part of your question, the only trades I want to see the Raptors make are ones that bring cap space and/or draft picks in return. This team needs to rebuild, but I don’t have a lot of faith that Colangelo is prepared to admit that just yet.
Thanks again to Scott from RaptorBlog.com — check him out for all things Raptors…….and stay tuned for a link to my return answers to Scott’s questions.
[photo source: flickr/clevercupcakes]
- Bradley Beal’s Bummer, Season-Ending Injury
- #WizardsRank: Ranking Washington Wizards from the Last Five Seasons (Nos. 36 to 32)
- The Reaction: It’s Closer North of the Border Than You Think (aka Raptors 99, Wizards 92)
- 3-on-3: Wizards at Raptors: No Way Jose, Wizards Without Nene & Cook Book vs Raptors