Darius Songaila is on FIYAA!!
Not only did D-Song go off with an 8-9 FG, 19 point performance against the T-Wolves, but those stats are from his last TEN games.
Before the All-Star break, Darius “Dirty” Songaila played in 52 games, starting 10, and dropped 6.1 ppg on 50% shooting. In the 11 games since the break, all starts, he is draining 65.9% of his shots and scoring 11.5 points per.
- A piece I wrote about Abe Pollin on NBCWashington.com has not exactly been well received. Oh well…. I still stand by my assertion that it’s time for team ownership to change hands. Nothing against Mr. Pollin, as I think he’s done some very great things for the franchise and for the city. However, every view of him need not be looked at through rose-colored glass. Speaking of….I’ve yet to read Washington Post (Mike Wise) and Washington Times (Tim Lemke) pieces on Polllin, but I’m about to.
- Also….Ivan Carter’s gut says that Flip Saunders will be the next coach of the Wizards.
- “Motivation’s not a problem for me, even though our season hasn’t gone the way we wanted, teams are coming after us, seeing us as a game they should easily win. These teams are bringing their ‘A’ games, so we should, too.” –Antawn Jamison
- [Washington Wizards Blog] Caron Butler told us in the radio post-game Monday that he plans to continue to drive to the basket more.
- [Bullets Forever] A guy that averages 7.8 minutes per game and has only played in 21 games this season probably doesn’t strike you as a guy that could be having a historic season. Yet when you check the stats, you’ll realize that Oleksiy is closing in on something that very few players have ever done: Going an entire season without recording an assist.
- [Wizards Insider] In terms of a grade and given his salary, history and role, I’ll give Juan a C for the season.
In Other News:
What the shit kind of Michael Jordan Wizards rip off is this?
Evidently these things are designed by Michael Lau, some toy designer from Hong Kong. Not sure how I feel…they seem cool….but damn MJ! Could you have at least made the playoffs while in DC?
To honor D-Song….and his FIYAA!! (or fire for you proper people), I’m going to let M.O.P. handle the outro. Now I’m off to see the Wiz take on CP3.