Assessing the Wizards on HoopsDaily.com
I recently contributed to HoopsDaily.com with an assessment of the Wizards for their “Blogger Knows Best” series.
The questions I was posed are below, click through to read the answers.
- Based on preseason expectations, how would you grade this season? Please list your team’s top three accomplishments.
- How would you assess the competency of the team’s current GM and scouting staff?
- Which young players (if any) can step to the forefront in the future?
- Time to play fantasy GM: what move that was made the past few years would you undo and what move would you currently make for the team to assess immediate or long term needs?
- Best case scenario: where would you realistically like to see your team at this time next year?
HoopsDaily also has a ‘Value Board Ranking’ which “defines the value of a player by a combination of his talent, age, potential, character, and ability to win multiple championships……If you were going to build an NBA team from scratch, who would be most valuable to you?”
Caron Butler is the only Wizard who appears in the top 50 of the ’09 rankings (so Gilbert Arenas isn’t ranked).
Tuff Juice is 12th oldest on the list, ranked after Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Manu Ginobili, and before Chauncey Billups, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Tayshaun Prince (barely older than Caron), and Vince Carter.
If you want to start arguing that Butler should be ranked higher than 33rd, start with him needing to be ahead of the likes of Josh Smith, Andris Biedrins, Carlos Boozer, Manu Ginobili and Monta Ellis….in the least.