When it was time for Marcin Gortat to speak to the media...
Back From Vegas With The Latest DMV Sports Odds
The blogging has been dormant because of a trip to Vegas … where tales obviously go mostly as the famous Sin City saying(s) does, local DMV futures bets being among the exceptions.
First up, the Wizards to prevail in the NBA Finals at 40-1. As a fan/follower of the team, I’m obligated to … ‘why not’, right?
To which Brett Pollakoff of NBA FanHouse responded/tweeted:
Why not? Oh I don’t know, maybe because the actual odds of that happening are more like 500-1?
I wish … wouldn’t mind a potential 10K at those odds instead.
I also put money on the Skins to win the Super Bowl at 25-1. I wonder what category I fit into -:- Why It’s So Easy to Hate Washington Pro Football [Stet Sports]
And the Capitals certainly couldn’t be left out of future hope for a title in DC (but the Nats will), especially with the Caps being by far the safest bet to win a championship at 8-1 odds.
Finally, in tribute to a young man’s dunk that created an inter-web firestorm and backlash against LeBron, who showed a bit more of his true side, I put a Luniz amount at 50-1 on the Xavier Musketeers to win the NCAA championship.
DocFunk debuted as I was heading out of town last Thursday … very solid lead off with more great stuff to come soon. His post on Tuff Juice spawned a couple follow-ups from Wizards/DMV nation:
- The Science of Caron Butler Shooting More Than Gilbert Arenas [Stet Sports]
- Sure, give Caron Butler more shots … provided he can get them off, of course [Bullets Forever]
Otherwise, there’s a lot to catch up on in the coming days.
More to come …
- 2013 NBA Summer League Look-Back, Side B: Reporting from the Ground in Vegas
- Things About the 2013-14 Wizards Schedule That You Must Know Because It’s The Internet
- 2013 NBA Summer League Look-Back, Side A: Photographic Evidence of Wizards
- REAX Game 1: Wizards Lose Opener in Lowest Scoring Game in Vegas Summer League History