JaVale McGee Dunks More Than An NBA Team & Does Movie Shorts
We’ve seen the dunking prowess of the lengthy JaVale McGee …
But did you know that last year, in only 75 games and 1,143 minutes, McGee dunked more than an entire NBA Team?
JaVale McGee … 80
San Antonio Spurs … 73
- 42% of McGee’s FGs were dunks.
- His 80 dunks were good enough for 29th in the NBA and 5th among rookies, after: Brook Lopez, Greg Oden, Jason Thompson, and Marreese Speights.
- He finished 8th in the league in ‘Minutes Per Dunk’ – 14.65 – after: Shaquille O’Neal, Ryan Hollins, DeAndre Jordan, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Greg Oden, Dwight Howard, and Andrew Bynum.
- Source: Roto Evil via 82games.com
But that’s not all…
Summer of Epic Vale?
I feel like this is the summer of JaVale McGee, which only goes towards building his expectations for next year. Among his aforementioned videos, he’s wowed in the Vegas summer league and put his name further on the map with a decent showing at the USA Basketball mini camp. He’s even embraced the attention he’s getting from social networking, recently changing his Twitter account from protected to open for all to see.
In the meantime …
He’s also the first Wizard to ever twitter and twitpic a pedicure.
And he’s enjoyed a Duff Beer (probably non-alcoholic) while on his U.S. tour.
What’s Next for Epic Vale?
It probably won’t be long for time to tell.
- VIDEO: Marcin Gortat on Twitter Critics, Bomb Threats from Bulls Fans, and ‘Everyday Stuff’
- Thanks For the Empty Pixels: Putting the 2004-10 Wizards in Your Rearview Mirror
- When Steve Buckhantz Was Given a Twitter Lesson by The WizzNutzz
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore