DeShawn Stevenson’s New Tattoos and Abe Lincoln
Back from the whirlwind of Washington Wizards media day ’09 and ready to blog it out. With much to transcribe, I’ll have a lot more in the future, but I wanted to get to something of utmost importance first, DeShawn Stevenson’s new tattoos.
(No, I don’t think this is really of the ‘utmost’ importance, but definitely the quickest/easiest/most fun to blog about.)
What does Abe Lincoln have to do with all this? Well, his face is one of Stevenson’s new tats … and it’s right on the front of his neck (jeez that seems painful), always looking right back at you.
Stevenson also has a backwards Pittsburgh Pirates logo on his right cheek and a Frankenstein-esque crack starting at his hairline and working its way down his forehead (not sure what happens if his hairline starts receding).
Mike Jones of the Washington Times has more:
On his left cheek bone is inked the Pitsburgh Pirate’s ‘P’, “for the Pittsburgh, that’s my favorite team. Barry Bonds, when he first started.” The thing about the P is, however, that it’s backwards and looks more like a 9. DeShawn tried to explain, “No, if you’re standing where Dom’s standing and looking at me, it looks like a P.” Dominic McGuire was standing directly in front of him about 10 yards away, but it still looked like a 9. I think DeShawn meant to say, “when I look in the mirror it looks like a P.” The final new tat is a crack on the left side of Stevenson’s forehead. He said it’s because “I don’t crack. I feel like people always try to break me, but I don’t crack. So, I put that there.”
More shots and a closer look …
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore
- Your Friday DeShawn Stevenson UPDATE: Yep, Wearing His Wizards Gold in Florida
- Why a Washington Post Columnist is So Concerned About John Wall’s Tattoos
- DC Council Game 22: Wizards 95 vs Hawks 100: Loss No. 19, but Wittman's Sky Isn't Falling
- DeShawn Stevenson is Back in Washington, Again
- DC Council Game 16: Wizards 94 at Hawks 105: Courtesy of DeShawn's Lost Facial Feeling
- DC Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Hawks, Game 16 (Did someone say something about John Wall and health?)
- DC Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Hawks, Game 10