Wizards Web Highlights Brought To You By Hipster JaVale McGee
I’m not even sure you can call JaVale McGee a ‘hipster’ in this instance, since so many aspects of hipsterism have been disseminated into mainstream (and copied and recycled like a virus). But thick frame glasses, a faux(ish)-hawk, and a horizontally striped v-neck is all I need to make the insinuation. Wait, what the hell is a ‘hipster’ in the first place?
McGee has already expressed displeasure with the nickname Epic Vale (or The Choppa, or whatever), opting to dub himself ‘J-Mac’ or ‘Big Daddy Wookie’ or ‘Kill + Mode = Chee$e’.
But now, perhaps ‘Blipster Daddy Wookie’ should be added to the list. And with the stuffed shark in the background, I’m not sure on which site this photo would be more appropriate, this one or this one.
In other news, via Twitter, JaVale might sell his all black Impala on 24s for 25K. Holler at him if you’re interested.
And now, highlights from ’round the World Wizards Web…
By now, you’ve read Mike Jones’ epic interview extravaganza with Arenas in The Washington Times (Parts: I, II, & III) … Now make sure you read Mike Prada’s ‘Takeaways’ on Bullets Forever and Dan Steinberg of the DC Sports Bog bringing some corrective actions to Gilbert’s personal perception of ‘truth’.
Props to Mike Miller for deciding to live in DC, DC (and not MD, DC or VA, DC). [via DC Sports Bog]
“I came to play for the Washington Wizards, Northeast is Washington D.C., let’s do it.”
Of course, Miller is not moving his family to the District, which makes sense considering he’s in the uncertain last year of a contract. We’ll see how this plays out if he’s a Wizard in the future.
Gilbert Arenas’ training video has been released. [via WashingtonWizards.com]
Part one was released on Tuesday, part two is slated to come out today, and part three on September 22nd. The clip is more marketing pizazz than insight, but a little hype never hurts. Speaking of …
- Jarrett Carter of Stet Sports is calling Arenas the ‘Comeback Kid’
- Tom Ziller of NBA FanHouse believes Gil and the Wiz will rise from the injury ashes
- Sean Deveney of The Sporting News pegs the Wizards to be one of the most interesting team in the East
- Pardeep Toor of It’s Just Sports thinks Arenas can squash ‘boring’ and rescue an NBA dominated by LeBron and Kobe
The DC Landing Strip takes a trip to LA, makes fun of doods in Ed Hardy shirts (just as I would), goes to Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles, and scores an exclusive interview with Nick Young.
Must Be The Contract Year Money
“I’ve been with Brendan pretty much the whole summer, and you talk about somebody that’s focused. We know why [laughs], but you know, he’s focused.” -Antawn Jamison
I wonder what Jami$on i$ in$inuating about Haywood’$ focu$ here.
(I know, $$ signs … corny as hell)
Caron and Chief Zee
We already know that Tuff Juice is a Skins fan … now he’s hanging out with Chief Zee at the Sneaker Ball. He puts on for his city.
- VIDEO: Paul Pierce Delivers Instant Classic in Washington Franchise Playoff History
- Share Bullets: The Wolverine Panda Lives, Optimus Dime Shines
- Key Legislature: Wizards 89 at Pistons 106 — Ignition Failure in the Motor City
- Wizards Get Slaughtered by Cavs, Jeff Van Gundy Calls Out Ted Leonsis for ‘Happy Mood’