Antawn Jamison Out 3-5 More Weeks (Damn)
Hot off the Wizards press … unfortunately, this ain’t too hot.
Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that forward Antawn Jamison’s right shoulder has been re-evaluated and that the findings were consistent with the original diagnosis of a subluxation. He is expected to miss from four to six weeks from the date of the injury (Jamison sustained the injury in the Wizards’ 109-104 win in Cleveland on Oct. 14).
Honestly, I kinda expected this to be the case … especially when a shoulder briefly pops out of place. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.
Flip Saunders said he would probably start Fabricio Oberto tonight against the Bulls so that Andray Blatche can get used to his role of coming off the bench … wonder if this now changes the plan.
Antawn Jamison could be out until around December. Damn.
Get well soon Captain.
Want to see these two in the same uniform soon.
The Wizards, though, are optimistic that because Jamison’s injury won’t require surgery and since his shoulder has made considerable progress in the past week, it would only keep him out the first 10 or so games.
“He’s really ahead of where we anticipated, but we’re being really conservative right now,” Coach Flip Saunders said on Friday, after the Wizards completed shootaround for their preseason finale against the Chicago Bulls. “We’re going to be patient with him. We don’t want to take any chances. We want to make sure that thing is right and fully healed.”
- Ernie Grunfeld: Offensive for Over a Decade, How’d He Get So Defensive? (Pt. 2)
- UPDATE: John Wall To Miss Eight Weeks With A Knee Injury
- ShareBullets: Crittenton's Song, Bookie Ball, Jim McIlvaine's 40th & Gentleman Jamison the Jacker
- ShareBullets: Some Wizards Summer League Invitees and Free Agent Musings
- Jordan Crawford: Turning Ankles and Corners, 'That's How It Always Go'
- The Reaction: Harangody Double-Doubles as Cleveland Rocks, 98-89
- DC Council Game 36: Wizards 101 vs Cavs 98: Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em, Dribbles McGee
- 3-on-3: Wizards vs Cavaliers: Antawn Jamison Returns To DC To Do Whatever It Is That He Does