Antawn Jamison Stuck In Groundhog Day, Again
Antawn Jamison just might go crazy. His words, not mine.
It was about a year ago (I think) when Jamison first referenced the movie Groundhog Day in regard to the Wizards’ losing ways after they fell to the Dallas Mavericks in the 25th game of the season, putting their record at 4-21.
This spawned the creation of the image above, Jamison as Bill Murray … with a groundhog. As the 2008-09 season carried on and the Wizards kept losing, Antawn’s evoking of the Groundhog Day theme became a reoccurring event, much like the movie itself.
“It’s like Groundhog Day,” ingrained itself into Jamison’s lexicon, joining one of his other oft-used phrases, “[blah-blah-blah] … and things of that nature.”
As we’ve moved into another season, now ready to turn the calendar to 2010, Jamison still finds himself trapped in a repetitive loop of losing.
The first time Jamison channeled his inner Bill Murray this year came after a loss to the Indiana Pacers on December 12th (at least as far as I know, I’ve only been to home games). Last night, after loss number twenty, Antawn went back to his rock, and perhaps one of the few consistent things in his life right now, an evocation of the movie Groundhog Day.
I certainly hope ‘Twan doesn’t go crazy, but if he shows up at the Verizon Center with an imaginary pet named Punxsutawney Phil or if you see him chocking Andray Blatche while yelling the name ‘Ned Ryerson’, you’ll know that the poor guy has lost it.
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Clippers, Game 45
- Ernie Grunfeld: Offensive for Over a Decade, How’d He Get So Defensive? (Pt. 2)
- ShareBullets: Crittenton's Song, Bookie Ball, Jim McIlvaine's 40th & Gentleman Jamison the Jacker
- ShareBullets: Some Wizards Summer League Invitees and Free Agent Musings
- The Reaction: Harangody Double-Doubles as Cleveland Rocks, 98-89
- DC Council Game 36: Wizards 101 vs Cavs 98: Smoke ‘Em If You Got ‘Em, Dribbles McGee
- 3-on-3: Wizards vs Cavaliers: Antawn Jamison Returns To DC To Do Whatever It Is That He Does