What The Wizards Were Thinking; Keyboard Cat Plays Washington Off In Cleveland | Truth About It.net

What The Wizards Were Thinking; Keyboard Cat Plays Washington Off In Cleveland

Updated: January 7, 2010

{Scenes from last night in Cleveland}

I couldn’t exactly get inside the brains of the Washington Wizards, but my imagination did.

[Correction: I originally said it was Michael Ruffin. It's actually Calvin Booth ... so the correction has been made.]

1. JakeTheSnake

January 7, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Um…correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s Calvin “Sexy Back” Booth, not Michael Ruffin.

2. Truth About It

January 7, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Crap again. You are right. This has been corrected sir.

3. JakeTheSnake

January 7, 2010 at 3:00 pm

It’s all good man, the collective beauty between Ruffin and Booth can be confusing at times.

4. BCM

January 7, 2010 at 3:04 pm

This year is only getting sadder for Wizards fans…

5. Anthony

January 7, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Neither Michael Ruffin or Calvin Booth will ever get mistaken for Popeye Jones though.

6. Anthony

January 7, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Wizards weren’t going to win a championship this year. Best case scenario was they were a 4th or 5th seed and somehow beat Atlanta.

The trade they made this summer was mainly to unload Etan Thomas for two expirings who would actually play in the rotation.

People are laughing at NJ now but they played the season right.

7. Incadescent Rex

January 7, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Just a random, “B-wood” thought. Please trade him. Don’t re-up on his contract. His game is predicated on dunks, putbacks, and an awkward hook shot. he has no low post game to speak of and a mediocre jump shot. He is not going to age well as a center because he just relies on his athleticism.

8. Truth About It

January 7, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I think I’m with you now Rex.

At first, I was adamantly against trading a high commodity, serviceable big man such as Haywood.

But now that this season is lost, and that it might be very unlikely that Haywood returns … because he is unrestricted … might as well get rid of him for something before they lose him for nothing.