Steve Buckhantz Can’t Resist The Filet-O-Fish Song
Ok, enough of this Andray Blatche drama … and before we get to the Gilbert Arenas sentencing drama tomorrow … how about a more fun post surrounding the Washington Wizards? Well, the television duo of Steve Buckhantz and Phil Chenier who bring the Wizards into your homes, or wherever, each and every game.
Buck and Phil are some of the best. I’ve watched a fair bit of the NBA League Pass, but I can’t even come close to professing knowledge about each team’s TV guys. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t trade the Wizards’ pair, whom the WizzNutzz once called the Basketball Brothers Grimm, for anyone. And this, perhaps, includes one of my favs, Grandpa Hubie Brown.
As an aside, I don’t completely mind the grim nature of Buck and Phil, at least to the past extent outlined by the WizzNutzz … I call it “tastefully snarky.” But whatever, to the matter at hand …
GIMME BACK THAT FILET-O-FISH!
Catchy song, can’t knock it. I imagine the ad exec who came up with it is like the ‘Pet Rock‘ guy of the ad exec world. Dude (or lady) is probably Don Draper-ing it up somewhere right now.
Or dancing like Young Pete Campbell from Mad Men.
Or dancing like Pete and Pete’s wife, Trudy.
Ok, I severely digress … back to the McDonald’s Filet-o-Fish song. Catchy tune and all that. Even made me try one of those sandwiches once when the commercial was out last year. But I definitely won’t be trying one this time around. Me and my stomach got standards.
Even so, I’ve found myself singing the jingle on a couple occasions … and so has Steve Buckhantz, kinda … much to the chagrin of his cohort Philp Chenier. Just watch.
Bless those two.
And BTW, if you want to know the trivia answer, here you go:
And now more fun …
The original clip of Pete & Trudy dancing:
And now the remix:
And of course, the original McDonald’s Filet-o-Fish commercial:
- The Emotion is More or Less Palpable — A Story About the Wizards in Philadelphia
- Letters About Wizards Playing the Blues in Memphis, Tennessee
- NOBODY ASKED ME (but Wizards) — Media Partners, Beal’s Disrespect & Preseason Basketball
- Key Legislature: Wizards 94 at Heat 114 — Washington Rows Against the Tide in South Florida
- Key Legislature: Wizards 92 at Bucks 99 — Misconception and Miscommunication in Milwaukee
- Where Patience is Not a Virtue — Wizards at Hornets, DC Council 49
- Key Legislature: Wizards 95 at Spurs 114 — A Losing Season’s Defining Quarter
- Key Legislature: Wizards 127 at Sixers 118 — Casual Friday on Philly Freeway