When Josh McRoberts Put JaVale McGee On Skates
Skates. They can be roller or ice. But they can also happen on the basketball court.
“Putting someone on skates,” means to initiate an offensive move which makes the defender appear like he’s wearing one of the aforementioned … like he’s sliding (or rolling) in a direction beyond control.
Recently, Duke’s Josh McRoberts, who plays for the Indiana Pacers in the present day, gave young JaVale McGee, of the Washington Wizards, a pair of skates. With a couple hard dribbles to the right and a cross behind the back to the left, McRoberts sent McGee slippin’ and slidin’ all over the court. Let’s watch in GIF form.
Now, to McGee’s credit, the youngster immediately bounced back up and attempted to block McRoberts, but was ultimately unsuccessful, sending the Pacer to the free-throw line for two shots. That was McGee’s third foul in just under six minutes of action in the first quarter. He was subsequently summoned to the bench. Let’s look at another angle…
In other news, McRoberts kinda-sorta looks like a much taller Charlie from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”.
Also notice — in the first GIF — how Al Thornton was duped by McRoberts, meaninglessly sprinting to an irrelevant spot on the floor.
That is all.
- Pour Out a Little Liquor for All the Ex-Wizards, the 2013-14 NBA Season is Here
- Things About the 2013-14 Wizards Schedule That You Must Know Because It’s The Internet
- This Week’s Sign the Apocalypse is Upon Us: JaVale McGee Handed Keys to Denver Nuggets
- How to Alienate Players and Lose a Lot of Games: The Washington Wizards Way
- DC Council Game 53: Wizards 119 vs Nuggets 113: Flying Feet & Paint Toughness Run Denver Out of Town
- DC Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 53
- DC Council Game 37: Wizards 112 at Nuggets 108: Wall's Mile-High Free Throw Redemption
- DC Council Game 9: Wizards 89 vs Pacers 96: 0-9, The Worst Start in Washington Franchise History