Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It's Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
Recent TAI Posts
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 1–Vines & Emails From The Abyss April 20, 2014
- John Wall and the Wizards: What are the Odds? April 20, 2014
- The Washington Wizards Against the Playoff Prognostication World April 20, 2014
- Wizards Playoffs: Nene Speaks on the Haters, Speaks on the Lord April 19, 2014
- Drew Gooden and Aaron Rodgers: Internet and Video Game Bros April 19, 2014
- The Superofficial TAI Staff Wizards Playoff Forecast (and Season Look-Back) April 17, 2014
- D.C. Council 82: Wizards 118 at Celtics 102: What Securing Seed 5 in Game 82 Looks Like April 17, 2014
- Wizards at Celtics: Game 82 Twitter Storify: Wall’s Wiz Breeze Like a Zephyr to Playoffs April 17, 2014