Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It’s Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
All Recent Posts
- Wall, Beal and Gortat Paying the Price for Washington’s Bad Bench January 5, 2017
- Wizards Get Texas Two-Stepped to Start 2017 January 4, 2017
- Wizards Undone by Old Friends in Houston January 3, 2017
- The Wizards Fly In and Out of Comfort Zone in Houston January 3, 2017
- From the Other Side: Throwing Bullets and Finishing at the Rim January 2, 2017
- Wizards Over Nets — A Return to .500 in Blowout Fashion December 31, 2016
- How the New NBA All-Star Voting Rules May Save John Wall December 29, 2016
- Man Down, Fans Up — Wizards Extend Home Winning Streak to 7 December 29, 2016
- From The Other Side: Indiana Pacers Face An Existential Crisis in MidWestworld December 29, 2016
- Opening Statements 31: Wizards vs Pacers — 2 Lumps of Coal and 2 Gifts December 28, 2016
- How Do You Stop Giannis Antetokounmpo? Just Ask Him December 28, 2016
- Wizards Remarkable Enough in 4th Quarter Comeback Over Bucks December 28, 2016
- From The Other Side: Otto Dangerfield Sinks the Bucks December 27, 2016