Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It’s Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
Pierce for President
All Recent Posts
- The World According to 19-Year-Old “Knuckleheads” July 1, 2015
- Draft Decompression: Kelly Oubre and Delayed Gratification June 26, 2015
- Oh, Bruh: Wizards Draft Kelly Oubre and Aaron White June 26, 2015
- The Gospel of Paul: What Pierce Means to the Wizards June 20, 2015
- DC Council Round 2, Game 6: Wizards vs Hawks — The Traumatic End, Nothing Lasts Forever May 21, 2015
- Randy Wittman Found Religion a Little Too Late for the Wizards May 19, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Hawks 94 — A Piercing Shot To The Heart May 16, 2015
- John Wall Responds to Fashion Critic May 15, 2015
- Stop the Hate: 3 Reasons Why Nene is Not (Solely) to Blame for Game 5 Loss May 15, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 2, Gm. 6 — End of the Beginning or Beginning of the End? May 15, 2015
- DC Council Round 2, Game 5: Wizards at Hawks — Enough Culpability to Go Around May 15, 2015
The Analytics Report
Deep B-Ball Philosophy