Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It’s Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
All Recent Posts
- DC Council Round 1, Game 3: Wizards vs. Raptors — The Odd Couple Has Arrived April 25, 2015
- Truth Hurts: That’s Why They Brought Him Here April 25, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 3 — A Victor’s Pursuit of History April 24, 2015
- Field Study: A History of Paul Pierce at the 4 April 24, 2015
- DC Council Round 1, Game 2: Wizards at Raptors — Wall and Beal Make Light Work of Weighty Win April 22, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 117 at Raptors 106 — The Night the Lights Went Out on Maple Leaf Square April 22, 2015
- Youth Will Be Served: Wall, Beal and Porter Claim The North April 21, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 2 — Raptors Are For The Birds April 21, 2015
- DC Council Round 1, Game 1: Wizards at Raptors — The Year’s Best Dinosaur BBQ April 19, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 at Raptors 86 — Paul Pierce Found “It” April 19, 2015
- The Truth Was About It: Washington Defeats Toronto 93-86 in Overtime April 18, 2015
Exercise in Frivolity
The Analytics Report
Deep B-Ball Philosophy