Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It's Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
- Select Cuts from the Polish Hammer (Before He Met the ‘Biggest Hero’ of His Life: Steven Seagal)
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- Richard Jefferson on Gilbert Arenas, Just Because
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- Ariza, Bruh: A Chill Life From Beyond the Arc Speaks After Playing Jazz
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
Recent TAI Posts
- Select Cuts from the Polish Hammer (Before He Met the ‘Biggest Hero’ of His Life: Steven Seagal) March 10, 2014
- Time is a Flat Circle — Ernie Grunfeld as the Yellow King March 10, 2014
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City March 9, 2014
- Wizards at Bucks: the Game 62 Story via Twitter: Gooden Revenge Game Rescued by Beal March 9, 2014
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Bucks, Game 62 March 8, 2014
- Richard Jefferson on Gilbert Arenas, Just Because March 8, 2014
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn March 6, 2014
- Ariza, Bruh: A Chill Life From Beyond the Arc Speaks After Playing Jazz March 6, 2014