Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It’s Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
All Recent Posts
- Wizards Trade for Bogdanovic — What It Means for Washington February 22, 2017
- A Wizards Franchise About Nothing — The Mid-Season Seinfeld Awards February 21, 2017
- Wizards Trade is Necessary, But Think of the Children February 16, 2017
- The Wizards Were Rolling Thunder in DC February 14, 2017
- NBA Catwatch Investigative Report: Where’s Whiskers? February 13, 2017
- The Wizards Race Past Indy on Last Turn February 12, 2017
- The Pixel-And-Roll Show: Cleveland’s Fluke Win Brings Back Cavs Hate February 12, 2017
- Opening Statements 53: Wizards vs Pacers — Buckle Up, Again February 10, 2017
- How the Wizards Burrowed Out of the Borough and Beat the Nets February 9, 2017
- OT Grows in Brooklyn February 9, 2017
- What to Expect from Ian Mahinmi: Pacers Have High Praise for Former Teammate February 8, 2017
- Wizards In Foul Mood After Home Loss But Gain Valuable Lessons February 7, 2017
- Moral Victories Mean Something, Sometimes February 7, 2017