Game Changer: John Wall’s New Verizon Center Banners
Remember when the Wizards removed Gilbert Arenas’ banner from the facade of the Verizon Center?
Of course you do. It was kind of a big deal.
It was a big deal to Arenas. It was a big deal to the local NBC television camera crew that just ‘happened’ to be there to capture it. It was a big deal to the media … a blog-worthy moment of an infamous instance in franchise history.
Sounds dramatic, huh?
Well, Wizards fans, forget about all that. The Wizards implore you to. John Wall is their new banner boy. Where Arenas’ name used to make its mark on the 6th Street side of the Verizon Center has now been replaced by a Wall.
And not only are banners the new style, but the exterior of the arena, including the ground, columns, doors and wherever else things will stick, is draped with the John Wall “Game Changer” marketing campaign. Kinda makes the previous covertness of his first overall selection pretty silly when the printing presses must have been running for weeks.
Welcome to a changed game, whatever that means … hopefully more than 26 wins last season or the 19 in the season before. I’ve got a pretty good feeling it will.
[Big ups to Truth About It's Adam McGinnis for all of the photos.]
- Happy 4th of July from the Washington Wizards American Gladiators, a Photoshop
- Return of the Marc: Gortat Back with Wizards for 5-Years, $60 Million (News Courtesy of John Wall)
- This Gilbert Arenas Post Will Self-Destruct in Five Seconds
- Satoransky’s Uncertainty Just Part of Wizards Search for Wall’s Backup
Recent TAI Posts
- Kevin Seraphin: Will Remain A Wizard, Will Sit Out FIBA World Cup Due to Knee Surgery July 24, 2014
- Bradley Beal: 2013-14 Washington Wizards Player Review July 24, 2014
- 2014 NBA Summer League Round-Up: Non-Wizards Edition July 23, 2014
- Las Vegas Council: Wizards Lose to Kings in Semifinals, Leave Summer League 5-1 July 22, 2014
- Superofficial Subjective Gut Feelings about Kevin Durant’s Hypothetical Wizards Future July 21, 2014
- Jan Vesely Packs His Bags for Europe, Perhaps For Good July 20, 2014
- Las Vegas Council: Rice & Porter Spur Wizards to Classic Summer League Victory in Triple-OT July 20, 2014
- Bradley Beal on Paul Pierce, Otto Porter, and Summer in Las Vegas July 18, 2014
- Las Vegas Council: Wizards Wake Up Late to Advance in NBA Summer League Tourney July 18, 2014
- Paul Pierce Carries the Clutch, With an Assist from Jason Kidd July 17, 2014
- Las Vegas Council: Wizards Escape Heat, Move to 3-0 in Summer League July 16, 2014
- VIDEO: Cassell on Porter & Rice: ‘Their swagger, you can see it from miles away’ July 15, 2014