When it was time for Marcin Gortat to speak to the media...
John Wall Wizards Workout Footage
John Wall’s workout for the Washington Wizards, his first and likely only with an NBA team, was a whirlwind. Partially because of the amount of attention it got and the anxiousness in the air from all who came to see him. It was “the” exclusive event in the DMV area on Thursday afternoon.
Members of the media, some who haven’t sniffed the Verizon Center for months, and eager interns from said media mainstream media organizations … rich white men in suits … the recently married Steve Buckhantz with other dignitaries looking down from the section of the Green Turtle restaurant with a window to the Wizards’ practice court … the recently married Mike Wise carrying the conversation in the media room while the masses waited in anticipation for young Wall to speak … even Andray Blatche was on the premises with his little brother in tow.
All came to see him … even if it was just to catch a glimpse. And a glimpse it was. Wall’s workout started around the 11 am scheduled start time and the media was allowed to enter not too long after 11:20. It was a much more brief workout than the usual hour-plus reserved for other players. And honestly, Wall looked kind of winded by the time we saw him. He would later divulge in his interview that his back had tightened up on him, but that he thought the workout went well.
None of this means anything by the way. D.C., despite the mysterious charade surrounding will they or won’t they take him first overall, John Wall is ours. For now, check out the video from his workout below — couple nice dunks in there, despite the stiff back — more to come, including Wall’s post-workout interview …
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
- ‘Gotta Win’ vs. Weary Legs: What Choice Does Randy Wittman Have?
- D.C. Council Game 17: Wizards 108 vs Hawks 101: Wall Ballhawks, Nene’s Tendons Bounce Back
- D.C. Council Game 16: Wizards 73 at Pacers 93: John Wall Brought to a Screeching Halt
- D.C. Council Game 15: Wizards 100 at Bucks 92: Martell and Marcin Hold the Mayo
- D.C. Council Game 14: Wizards 116 vs Lakers 111: Nene Goes Hollywood