John Wall Wizards Workout Footage
John Wall’s workout for the Washington Wizards, his first and likely only with an NBA team, was a whirlwind. Partially because of the amount of attention it got and the anxiousness in the air from all who came to see him. It was “the” exclusive event in the DMV area on Thursday afternoon.
Members of the media, some who haven’t sniffed the Verizon Center for months, and eager interns from said media mainstream media organizations … rich white men in suits … the recently married Steve Buckhantz with other dignitaries looking down from the section of the Green Turtle restaurant with a window to the Wizards’ practice court … the recently married Mike Wise carrying the conversation in the media room while the masses waited in anticipation for young Wall to speak … even Andray Blatche was on the premises with his little brother in tow.
All came to see him … even if it was just to catch a glimpse. And a glimpse it was. Wall’s workout started around the 11 am scheduled start time and the media was allowed to enter not too long after 11:20. It was a much more brief workout than the usual hour-plus reserved for other players. And honestly, Wall looked kind of winded by the time we saw him. He would later divulge in his interview that his back had tightened up on him, but that he thought the workout went well.
None of this means anything by the way. D.C., despite the mysterious charade surrounding will they or won’t they take him first overall, John Wall is ours. For now, check out the video from his workout below — couple nice dunks in there, despite the stiff back — more to come, including Wall’s post-workout interview …
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 6: Wizards Get Bugged — By Injury and Hornets
- Coming in 2015: The Marcin Gortat Action Figure
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Maccabi Haifa 95, Preseason Gm 5 — Seraphin, Silas & Yung Simba Shine
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 4: Seraphin Game-Winner Just Another Day in #KSLife
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Pistons 89, Preseason Game 4 — The Professor Gets Clinical
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 1: Wizards-Bulls Tensions Renewed with Old-New Blood Pierce
- Key Legislature: Wizards 85 at Bulls 81, Preseason Game 1 — Pierce Pops Off
- Full Court Press: Wizards Training Camp Questions Part 2