Kenny “The Jet” Smith on John Wall
Here we go again. Yet another opinion from the cornucopia of experts about John Wall that this site will be unquestionably unabashed about posting because, well, John Wall is involved. Makes sense, right?
I can’t wait until Wall actually suits up in a Wizards uniform so we can get opinions on how he looked and what he did instead of all the maybes.
[Speaking of, Wall will be slipping on Wizards gear and playing in an organized basketball game for the first time on Sunday, July 11th at the NBA's 2010 Las Vegas Summer League -- and this here writer will be there to cover that game and the four Wizards summer league games to follow.]
But alas, when someone like TNT’s Kenny “The Jet” Smith speaks about Wall in an appearance with Ivan Carter on Washington Post Live, we should all listen because going Wall-Nuts is fun, right?
Plus, the two, Smith and Carter, had already talked extensively about Taco Bell; the deliciousness of Wall’s game would probably be the most sensible progression in the conversation. Let’s watch …
Wall must be a leader of men … good call. However, I will say that there are no 35-year old men currently on the Wizards’ roster.
In fact, of the six players from last year who are “expected” to be on the roster next season (Gilbert Arenas, Andray Blatche, Nick Young, JaVale McGee, Al Thornton and Quinton Ross), not a one comes close to sniffing age 35. Ross will turn 30 in April of 2011 and Arenas will be a tricenarian in January of 2012.
Regardless, I imagine Wall trying to get a 30-plus year old veteran to work off him within Flip Saunders’ offense to be much less difficult than getting JaVale McGee to stop shooting the ball every time he touches it.
Only time, and perhaps a couple summer league games, will tell.
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down