Kenny “The Jet” Smith on John Wall
Here we go again. Yet another opinion from the cornucopia of experts about John Wall that this site will be unquestionably unabashed about posting because, well, John Wall is involved. Makes sense, right?
I can’t wait until Wall actually suits up in a Wizards uniform so we can get opinions on how he looked and what he did instead of all the maybes.
[Speaking of, Wall will be slipping on Wizards gear and playing in an organized basketball game for the first time on Sunday, July 11th at the NBA's 2010 Las Vegas Summer League -- and this here writer will be there to cover that game and the four Wizards summer league games to follow.]
But alas, when someone like TNT’s Kenny “The Jet” Smith speaks about Wall in an appearance with Ivan Carter on Washington Post Live, we should all listen because going Wall-Nuts is fun, right?
Plus, the two, Smith and Carter, had already talked extensively about Taco Bell; the deliciousness of Wall’s game would probably be the most sensible progression in the conversation. Let’s watch …
Wall must be a leader of men … good call. However, I will say that there are no 35-year old men currently on the Wizards’ roster.
In fact, of the six players from last year who are “expected” to be on the roster next season (Gilbert Arenas, Andray Blatche, Nick Young, JaVale McGee, Al Thornton and Quinton Ross), not a one comes close to sniffing age 35. Ross will turn 30 in April of 2011 and Arenas will be a tricenarian in January of 2012.
Regardless, I imagine Wall trying to get a 30-plus year old veteran to work off him within Flip Saunders’ offense to be much less difficult than getting JaVale McGee to stop shooting the ball every time he touches it.
Only time, and perhaps a couple summer league games, will tell.
- D.C. Council 12: Wizards at Bucks — Ship Steadied, Comeback Sealed
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Bucks 100 — Pierce and His Wolfpack Shake Off Cleveland Hangover
- D.C. Council 11: Wizards vs Cavs — Lights-Out Wall Leaves Cleveland ‘in the Dark’
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Cavs 78 — Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Cavaliers, Game 11
- D.C. Council 10: Wizards vs Mavericks — Dallas Ponies Up, Washington Stuck at the Gate
- Key Legislature: Wizards 102 vs Mavericks 105: Information Overload Bluescreens Washington Defense
- Lining Up the Wizards (So Far); Pre-Game Quotes from Randy, Rick & Richard