Wizards Pre-Draft Workouts: Terrico White, jumped higher than John Wall
On Thursday, June 17, Terrico White (G, Mississippi, 6’5, 213 lbs.) worked out for the Washington Wizards along with Chas McFarland (C, Wake Forest, 7’0, 245 lbs.), Kevin Palmer (G/F, Texas A&M-CC, 6’6, 205 lbs.), Dexter Pittman (C, Texas, 6’10, 290 lbs.), Andy Rautins (G, Syracuse, 6’4, 195 lbs.) and Darington Hobson (G/F, New Mexico, 6’7, 205 lbs.) (Note: Hobson actually did not work out for the Wizards because he tweaked his ankle). Get the quick run-down on White and check his post-workout interview video below…
Only one guy jumped higher than John Wall’s 39-inch max vert in Chicago. Well, two according to the DraftExpress database — some dude named Stefan Bircevic (a 6’10″ Serbian cat with a supposed 39.8-inch vert … I don’t believe it, I demand a recount!) and Terrico White (40-inch max vert).
White is another one of those “combo” guards, or more like a mixed-bag between ‘maybe’ and ‘who knows’. The sophomore guard from Ole Miss has a 6’9″ wingspan to go along with his 6’3.75″ height without shoes. Plus, he has huge hands. Whatever that means to the pre-draft measurement junkies. Basically, he’s a great athlete.
- Small for a shooting guard.
- Not the best shooter anyway — 43% FG, 34.3% 3P, 71.4% FT (although they say he shot well in Chicago)
- He doesn’t get a lot of assists, but doesn’t turn the ball over a ton either — 0.11 assists per possession, 0.10 turnovers.
- NBADraft.net compares White to Jason Richardson or Shannon Brown, mocks him 32 to the Heat.
- DraftExpress mocks White 32 to the Thunder (now the pick belongs to the Heat via a trade).
- ESPN’s Chad Ford ranks White his 31st overall prospect, but mocks him 38th to the Knicks. “He has lottery-type talent, but his laid-back demeanor has turned off some teams,” writes Ford.
- And judging from White’s post-Wizards workout interview, he’s not the livest fire-cracker in the bunch.
- Happy 4th of July from the Washington Wizards American Gladiators, a Photoshop
- Return of the Marc: Gortat Back with Wizards for 5-Years, $60 Million (News Courtesy of John Wall)
- Moving Pixels: Wizards Pre-Draft Workouts with Wally Judge, Andre Dawkins & James Michael McAdoo
- Moving Pixels: Wizards Pre-Draft Workouts with Sim Bhullar, Ian Chiles, Philip Neuman, Etc.