Catching Up With Al Thornton
Al Thornton is back in D.C. folks, playing with the kids in mini-camp to “show some support,” he says. He’ll also be out in Las Vegas during summer league to practice and hang with John Wall and the gang, and to build some team chemistry (excellent!) … but he won’t be playing. Nick Young, on the other hand, might play, even though he wasn’t on the released summer league roster. We will see.
When I asked Al about what part of his game he’s trying to improve upon this off-season, he said he’s really working on getting in shape and eating right. Thornton admitted that he was a little overweight last season. I guess if he’s going to be running the floor with Wall, he better get that conditioning right. Those transition points can really boost stats, especially in what essentially amounts to a contract year for Thornton.
Thornton also had some compliments for young Wall, whom he worked out with for a bit in Los Angeles earlier this summer. Al calls the rookie “special” and in particular acknowledges his decision making on pick and rolls. Let’s check out what Al had to say in the video below.
- The Superofficial TAI Staff Wizards Playoff Forecast (and Season Look-Back)
- D.C. Council 82: Wizards 118 at Celtics 102: What Securing Seed 5 in Game 82 Looks Like
- Wizards Take 5-Seed in East, Sam Cassell on Wall and Beal: ‘These My Guards’
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash
- D.C. Council Game 80: Wizards 104 vs. Bucks 91: Wiz Go Big Buck Hunting in Second Half
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 79
- D.C. Council 79: Wizards 96 at Magic 86: Wiz Find Enough Elixir to End Sluggish Spell
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’