Catching Up With Al Thornton
Al Thornton is back in D.C. folks, playing with the kids in mini-camp to “show some support,” he says. He’ll also be out in Las Vegas during summer league to practice and hang with John Wall and the gang, and to build some team chemistry (excellent!) … but he won’t be playing. Nick Young, on the other hand, might play, even though he wasn’t on the released summer league roster. We will see.
When I asked Al about what part of his game he’s trying to improve upon this off-season, he said he’s really working on getting in shape and eating right. Thornton admitted that he was a little overweight last season. I guess if he’s going to be running the floor with Wall, he better get that conditioning right. Those transition points can really boost stats, especially in what essentially amounts to a contract year for Thornton.
Thornton also had some compliments for young Wall, whom he worked out with for a bit in Los Angeles earlier this summer. Al calls the rookie “special” and in particular acknowledges his decision making on pick and rolls. Let’s check out what Al had to say in the video below.
- Select Cuts from the Polish Hammer (Before He Met the ‘Biggest Hero’ of His Life: Steven Seagal)
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones