Cheer Up, Trevor Booker
If I had to place Trevor Booker somewhere on the scale of out-going personalities entering the NBA (with 10 being Omar Samhan and 1 being Jarvis Varnado), I’d give him about a 3. John Wall would get a 6.5/7 if you must know.
Not a knock on Booker, he might have tremendous upside personality potential … or he just might be shy in front of media cameras … or maybe he just likes to give very brief answers with little inflection in his voice … or maybe he’s just too cool for school.
In any case, it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about what the guy can do on the court. And from the looks of a brief glimpse at a mini-camp scrimmage Thursday evening, Booker is not afraid to make his presence known.
Actually, maybe Trevor should get boosted to a 3.5 … he did give the media a laugh by saying that John Wall still isn’t faster than him.
Via the WaPost’s Michael Lee on June 27th:
Booker is an above-average athlete with incredible speed. Wall’s wheels have been well-documented, but did you realize that Booker is faster? At the combine, Booker recorded the fastest time in the three-quarter court sprint, measuring in at 3.10 seconds – or 0.04 seconds faster than Wall, Avery Bradley and Wesley Johnson. He’s at least 30 pounds heavier than all of them. Booker’s been compared to Paul Milsap, Carl Landry and Jason Maxiell, other undersized but gritty big men.
Otherwise, cheer up Trevor Booker! You’re in the NBA!
- Kris Humphries, Fancy Stats, and Why the Wizards Chose Right in Free Agency
- 3-on-3: Wall and Beal Cut from Team USA, Cassell’s Depature, and Continued #KSlife
- Sam Cassell Leaves Washington for LA Clippers, Will Be Missed by Wizards
- Trevor Booker Out, Kris Humphries In: Wizards Find a Different Recipe
- Washington Wizards Sign Paul Pierce, Trevor Booker Likely Back (UPDATED)
- Happy 4th of July from the Washington Wizards American Gladiators, a Photoshop
- Return of the Marc: Gortat Back with Wizards for 5-Years, $60 Million (News Courtesy of John Wall)
- The Wizards Band is Getting Back Together (Well, most of them.)