Cheer Up, Trevor Booker
If I had to place Trevor Booker somewhere on the scale of out-going personalities entering the NBA (with 10 being Omar Samhan and 1 being Jarvis Varnado), I’d give him about a 3. John Wall would get a 6.5/7 if you must know.
Not a knock on Booker, he might have tremendous upside personality potential … or he just might be shy in front of media cameras … or maybe he just likes to give very brief answers with little inflection in his voice … or maybe he’s just too cool for school.
In any case, it doesn’t really matter. It’s all about what the guy can do on the court. And from the looks of a brief glimpse at a mini-camp scrimmage Thursday evening, Booker is not afraid to make his presence known.
Actually, maybe Trevor should get boosted to a 3.5 … he did give the media a laugh by saying that John Wall still isn’t faster than him.
Via the WaPost’s Michael Lee on June 27th:
Booker is an above-average athlete with incredible speed. Wall’s wheels have been well-documented, but did you realize that Booker is faster? At the combine, Booker recorded the fastest time in the three-quarter court sprint, measuring in at 3.10 seconds – or 0.04 seconds faster than Wall, Avery Bradley and Wesley Johnson. He’s at least 30 pounds heavier than all of them. Booker’s been compared to Paul Milsap, Carl Landry and Jason Maxiell, other undersized but gritty big men.
Otherwise, cheer up Trevor Booker! You’re in the NBA!
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans