Wizards Summer League Game 1: A Photo Review
Here are some pictures I took during the Wizards’ summer league debut against the Golden State Warriors on Sunday … my favs (that I’ve yet to already post).
To start, John Wall.
This is how you avoid having the ball hit you in the face after a pre-game dunk.
Corsley Edwards gets up.
Edwards, born in Baltimore, MD, is 31 years young. He played at Central Connecticut State, was named an honorable mention All-American as a senior, and was taken by the Sacramento Kings 58th overall in the 2002 NBA Draft. He was also taken first overall by the Anaheim Arsenal in the 2006 D-League draft. He’s played in Italy, Spain and China and appeared in 10 games with the New Orleans Hornets in 2004-05. Edwards is listed at 6’9″, 275 lbs, but seems a bit heavier. Still, as this picture seems to indicate, he can get up and almost hit the backboard pad with his head.
No joke, Trevor Booker is straight scary when he dunks.
Did you know that Booker was the first college senior taken in the 2010 NBA Draft?
McGee rocks the cradle.
Summer League bros slap hands.
A different assist.
You can follow Cartier Martin on Twitter – @CartierMartin.
On June 23rd, he Tweeted, “In DC puttin in this work! We gone be NICE this year!”
Devastating spin cycle.
(Did Trevor Booker loose a contact or something?)
Again, Trevor Booker does not care about the rim.
During his junior year, Booker led the ACC in both rebounding (9.7 per game) and field goal percentage (.571).
He was the first ACC player to lead both categories since Tim Duncan did the same during his time at Wake Forest.
I do believe Jason Rich of the Warriors is kissing the rim right here. Dude is 6’3″
Sun Yue is the second Chinese player to win an NBA Championship ring (Lakers in 2009).
Fellow countryman Mengke Bateer won a ring with the Spurs in 2003.
Seems like a tough shot to make/Is Booker really jumping that high?
Gettin’ bullied in the post.
Wall implores McGee to get his hands on a def. board.
High hands don’t go unnoticed.
[All photos copyright of Kyle Weidie, Truth About It.net -- Player facts courtesy of Stephen Sherrard.]
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans