Working Out With Kevin Seraphin
Checking in from the Atlanta airport (the people watching is great, as usual) on my way to Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League. I’ll be out there covering John Wall and the rest of the Wiz Kids until the 18th. I know, a long time to be in Vegas. But I’m good at staying out of trouble.
On Friday Wizards assistants Mike Wells and Ryan Saunders took rookie Kevin Seraphin through an individual workout as he continues to rehab a previous knee injury that will keep him out of summer league action. The 20-year old from Cayenne, French Guiana officially became part of the Wizards on Thursday when the Kirk Hinrich and 17th pick (Seraphin) acquisition in exchange for Wizards 2006 second round draft pick Vladimir Veremeenko was completed. Glad the Wiz didn’t give up a future second rounder.
Ernie Grunfeld spoke briefly about Seraphin on Thursday (covered in this post) and indicated that Seraphin’s buyout from his club in the French League, Cholet Basket, still needs to be worked out, but that he plans to have him on the roster next season. Check out some clips from Seraphin’s individual workout below … there are a couple dunks at the end. That shooting form needs a lot of work, but he sure is a wide-bodied player.
- D.C. Council Game 56: Wizards 96 at Cavaliers 83: Cleveland Rocked By Washington’s Duet of Wall and Defense
- D.C. Council Game 54: Wizards 114 at Hawks 97: Everything’s Peachy in the ATL
- Playoffs Or Bust? The Wizards Franchise Optimism Index, Take Three
- D.C. Council Game 50: Wizards 93 vs Kings 84: God Forgives, but Defense Doesn’t
- D.C. Council Game 49: Wizards 113 vs Cavaliers 115: Defensively Cavalier Toward .500 Basketball Nothingness
- D.C. Council Game 47: Wizards 100 vs Trail Blazers 90: Final Fantasy .511
- D.C. Council Game 46: Wizards 96 vs Thunder 81: Thunderstruck by #HookahArms
- D.C. Council Game 45: Wizards 103 at Clippers 110: Lob City Security Breach: DC Hackers Can’t Connect from Long Distance