Working Out With Kevin Seraphin
Checking in from the Atlanta airport (the people watching is great, as usual) on my way to Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League. I’ll be out there covering John Wall and the rest of the Wiz Kids until the 18th. I know, a long time to be in Vegas. But I’m good at staying out of trouble.
On Friday Wizards assistants Mike Wells and Ryan Saunders took rookie Kevin Seraphin through an individual workout as he continues to rehab a previous knee injury that will keep him out of summer league action. The 20-year old from Cayenne, French Guiana officially became part of the Wizards on Thursday when the Kirk Hinrich and 17th pick (Seraphin) acquisition in exchange for Wizards 2006 second round draft pick Vladimir Veremeenko was completed. Glad the Wiz didn’t give up a future second rounder.
Ernie Grunfeld spoke briefly about Seraphin on Thursday (covered in this post) and indicated that Seraphin’s buyout from his club in the French League, Cholet Basket, still needs to be worked out, but that he plans to have him on the roster next season. Check out some clips from Seraphin’s individual workout below … there are a couple dunks at the end. That shooting form needs a lot of work, but he sure is a wide-bodied player.
- Key Legislature: Wizards 95 at Heat 107 — Bosh and Wade Remind the Wiz Who’s Who
- 16 Questions About a Season, a Washington Wizards 2014-15 Preview
- Key Legislature: Wizards 100 at Knicks 103 — Preseason Game 8, Upstaged by Melo at Final Rehearsal
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 7: Wizards Shoot Blanks in B-More
- Key Legislature: Wizards 84 vs Pelicans 88 — Preseason Game 7, Baltimore Bounced by the Birds
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 6: Wizards Get Bugged — By Injury and Hornets
- Coming in 2015: The Marcin Gortat Action Figure
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Maccabi Haifa 95, Preseason Gm 5 — Seraphin, Silas & Yung Simba Shine