Working Out With Kevin Seraphin
Checking in from the Atlanta airport (the people watching is great, as usual) on my way to Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League. I’ll be out there covering John Wall and the rest of the Wiz Kids until the 18th. I know, a long time to be in Vegas. But I’m good at staying out of trouble.
On Friday Wizards assistants Mike Wells and Ryan Saunders took rookie Kevin Seraphin through an individual workout as he continues to rehab a previous knee injury that will keep him out of summer league action. The 20-year old from Cayenne, French Guiana officially became part of the Wizards on Thursday when the Kirk Hinrich and 17th pick (Seraphin) acquisition in exchange for Wizards 2006 second round draft pick Vladimir Veremeenko was completed. Glad the Wiz didn’t give up a future second rounder.
Ernie Grunfeld spoke briefly about Seraphin on Thursday (covered in this post) and indicated that Seraphin’s buyout from his club in the French League, Cholet Basket, still needs to be worked out, but that he plans to have him on the roster next season. Check out some clips from Seraphin’s individual workout below … there are a couple dunks at the end. That shooting form needs a lot of work, but he sure is a wide-bodied player.
- DC Council 24: Wizards vs Timberwolves — Flip Saunders Back On Subway Diet
- DC Council 23: Wizards vs Jazz — Sweet Sounds of a Sunday Night Victory
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 vs Jazz 84 — Washington Wins Despite 7 PM Arrival for 6 PM Game
- Key Legislature: Wizards 104 vs Clippers 96 — Clipper Skipper Crashes Into Wall
- DC Council 22: Wizards vs Clippers — Shipwrecked in the District
- DC Council 21: Wizards at Magic — Wittman’s Wizardry Drops Orlando
- D.C. Council 20: Wizards vs Celtics — Wall Straps on Cape and Deposits Cowherd in Negative Zone
- D.C. Council 19: Wizards at Celtics — Charge of the Light Brigade Sacked on a Sleepy Sunday