ShareBullets: Antawn Jamison on the Cavs without LeBron: ‘It’s going to be interesting.’
Recently, the two first-named Michelle Marie of YoungHollywood.com caught up with Antawn Jamison at some location in the world … and it wasn’t in a dark room featuring an old wooden table, an uncomfortable stool, and a solo Jamison sitting and sipping on some Jameson.
Marie asked ‘Twan how the Cleveland Cavaliers were going to transition without LeBron. The gist of his answer: “It’s going to be interesting.”
Indeed it is, Antawn, indeed it is. He also spit out some generic clichés such as, “It’s a business,” and “It’s not going to be easy.” I don’t think the Gentleman will ever change, and he shouldn’t. In any case, you can watch the video yourself via Yahoo! Sports.
Antawn Jamison has a Cleveland Cavaliers “Swagger Tee” (go figure) … and other NBA team store fun courtesy of DocFunk.
[Brain On Funk]
Is Gilbert Arenas the athlete who best embodies the spirit of Washington, D.C.?
[SB Nation DC]
Speaking of … Arenas’ image is slowly creeping back onto the Washington Wizards official website.
[DC Sports Bog]
Want more semi-Arenas related news? Marc Barnes, owner of D.C. nightclubs Love (where Arenas had his infamous birthday party, and where former Cleveland Cavalier, Damon Jones, debuted “Blow the Whistle,” a Jay-Z diss track of DeShawn Stevenson), and The Park at 14th (often frequented by Andray Blatche, among others), has declared bankruptcy. Sorry ballers.
[Washington City Paper]
The Times-Picayune is reporting that the New Orleans Hornets have hired Tim Connelly as their assistant general manager. Connelly just completed his tenth year with the Wizards organization, most recently serving as director of player personnel. Tim’s brother, Pat, just completed his fourth year with the Wizards as a scout/basketball operations assistant.
Will the development of John Wall be a “headache” for Flip Saunders? Shaun Powell of NBA.com evidently believes in this silly idea. He writes:
“The big chore for Saunders is dealing with three potential headaches: The development of rookie point guard John Wall, the rehabilitation of Arenas, and the outsized ego of emerging big man Andray Blatche, who believes he’s an All-Star. No pressure for Flip to win right away, but the Wiz expect a more polished product and polished Wall come spring.”
OK, I definitely get the Gilbert Arenas part, and maybe the Andray Blatche part … although, my belief that he’s truly a humble kid is greater than any concerns I have about his ego growing (another although: ‘Dray has already claimed that he’s underpaid, amongst the other B.S. he pulled last year).
But to say that the development of Wall will cause Flip ‘Point Guards Come From Heaven’ Saunders to turn to Advil on a regular basis is a little preposterous. Sure, Saunders “didn’t sign up for this,” as Powell outlines and as Saunders himself has reminded the media a couple times, but the coach has also said that he relishes being a teacher. So, given the overall circumstances, I’m pretty sure that Saunders is happy to have the option of going through growing pains and the development process with Wall … and that it won’t necessarily cause his brain to hurt.
Hilton Armstrong will wear No. 24 for the Wizards … the last Wizard to wear that number, Alonzo Gee.
Kevin Durant tells you all you need to know about him on Wale’s new mixtape.
Roger Mason, Jr. has signed a 1-year, $1.4 million contract with the New York Knicks.
Where LeBron James used to be, there is now light … in Cleveland.
Finally … A YI JIANLIAN MILWAUKEE BUCKS BOBBLEHEAD DOLL!! BUY-BUY-BUY!! (only $12.95).
A basketball court on Girard Street NW, between 15th and 16th.
All Recent Posts
- Wall, Beal and Gortat Paying the Price for Washington’s Bad Bench January 5, 2017
- Wizards Get Texas Two-Stepped to Start 2017 January 4, 2017
- Wizards Undone by Old Friends in Houston January 3, 2017
- The Wizards Fly In and Out of Comfort Zone in Houston January 3, 2017
- From the Other Side: Throwing Bullets and Finishing at the Rim January 2, 2017
- Wizards Over Nets — A Return to .500 in Blowout Fashion December 31, 2016
- How the New NBA All-Star Voting Rules May Save John Wall December 29, 2016
- Man Down, Fans Up — Wizards Extend Home Winning Streak to 7 December 29, 2016
- From The Other Side: Indiana Pacers Face An Existential Crisis in MidWestworld December 29, 2016
- Opening Statements 31: Wizards vs Pacers — 2 Lumps of Coal and 2 Gifts December 28, 2016
- How Do You Stop Giannis Antetokounmpo? Just Ask Him December 28, 2016
- Wizards Remarkable Enough in 4th Quarter Comeback Over Bucks December 28, 2016
- From The Other Side: Otto Dangerfield Sinks the Bucks December 27, 2016