ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back - Columbia Heights Youth Center - 1400 block of Girard Street NW - K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
- D.C. Council 79: Wizards 96 at Magic 86: Wiz Find Enough Elixir to End Sluggish Spell
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’
- D.C. Council 78: Wizards 88 vs Bobcats 94: #SoWizards Magic Turns Bobcats Into Lions
- D.C. Council 77: Wizards 78 vs Bulls 96: Bulls On Parade Behind Raging Defensive Machine
Recent TAI Posts
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash April 15, 2014
- Wizards vs Heat: Game 81 Twitter Storify: Wiz Step Up Against LeBron’s Backup Dancers April 15, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Heat, Game 81 April 14, 2014
- The Reemergence of Trevor Booker April 14, 2014
- The Nene Effect: A Mytho-Historic Spiritual Perspective April 14, 2014
- POLL: Are You Even Excited That The Wizards Are In The Playoffs? April 14, 2014
- D.C. Council Game 80: Wizards 104 vs. Bucks 91: Wiz Go Big Buck Hunting in Second Half April 13, 2014
- Wizards vs Bucks: Game 80 Twitter Storify: Wiz Turn Escape Into Routine Against 8-Man Team April 13, 2014