ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back – Columbia Heights Youth Center – 1400 block of Girard Street NW – K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
All Recent Posts
- Unpacking the 2016-17 Wizards Schedule — Hitting the Road and Staying Fresh August 17, 2016
- Here’s the Thing About the Wizards’ Offseason: It Could Have Been Worse August 12, 2016
- The 2016-17 Wizards Schedule Is Out — Here’s What You Need To Know August 11, 2016
- Vegas is Not Aaron White’s Kind of Town July 16, 2016
- Summer League Day 5 — Crazy Kelly, Clutch Eddie, Trevor Booker, and a Bullets Cameo July 13, 2016
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 3 — Eddie Stole The Ball! Eddie Stole The Ball! July 13, 2016
- From Wizard to King: Garrett Temple Talks Free Agency and His Former Team July 12, 2016
- Dispatch From Vegas: Jared Dudley Offers Post-Mortem on Underwhelming Season July 11, 2016
- John Wall Talks Shop at Summer League July 11, 2016
- Summer League Day 3 — In Which the Wiz Kids Get Lost in Transition (Defense) July 11, 2016
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 2 — Death by 3-Pointer July 10, 2016
- Live from Las Vegas: NBA Summer League Day 2 July 10, 2016
- Wave Papi into the Summer: Kelly Oubre Jr. Opens in Vegas July 10, 2016