ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back – Columbia Heights Youth Center – 1400 block of Girard Street NW – K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
- But What About Scott Brooks’ Analytics? And the Children, Of Course
- Brooks is Here — Wizards Seek Redemption with New Head Coach
- Key Legislature: Wizards 120 at Nets 111 — Elusive .500 Record So Close, So Far Away
- Key Legislature: Wizards 113 vs Hornets 98 — Dancing On Their Own Grave Like Nobody’s Watching
All Recent Posts
- Gortat on Coaching Changes, Summer Plans, and Finding Love for Basketball — Dispatches from Poland May 3, 2016
- But What About Scott Brooks’ Analytics? And the Children, Of Course April 28, 2016
- Brooks is Here — Wizards Seek Redemption with New Head Coach April 22, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 120 at Nets 111 — Elusive .500 Record So Close, So Far Away April 13, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 113 vs Hornets 98 — Dancing On Their Own Grave Like Nobody’s Watching April 10, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards at Pistons — You May Now Rest in Peace April 9, 2016
- This Isn’t The First Wizards Ride on the Must-Win Rodeo April 8, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 121 vs Nets 103 — Without Wall, Washington Weathers Storm April 7, 2016
- Washington Twitches Briefly to Life after Unofficial Death — Wizards vs Nets, DC Council 78 April 7, 2016
- Crossed Up and Shot Down in LA — Wizards at Clippers, DC Council 77 April 6, 2016
- Gortat on the Season, the Offseason, and Driving Taxis — Dispatches from Poland April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises April 3, 2016
- Just Good Enough to Score More Points — Wizards at Suns, DC Council 76 April 2, 2016
- Season’s End by Best Friend — Wizards at Kings, DC Council 75 March 31, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Kings 120 — Season All But Put to Bed at Sleep Train Arena March 31, 2016
- Optical Illusion in Oracle — Wizards at Warriors, DC Council 74 March 30, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 94 at Warriors 102 — Fighting Uphill Without Bullets March 30, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Warriors, Game 74 March 29, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 at Lakers 88 — Wall Shows Shades of Showtime March 29, 2016