ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back – Columbia Heights Youth Center – 1400 block of Girard Street NW – K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
Ranking the 2016-17 Wizards
All Recent Posts
- Extinct in Crunch Time Again — Wizards Dropped by Raptors, 113-103 November 3, 2016
- Opening Statements 03: Wizards vs. Raptors — Two Teams Passing in the Night November 2, 2016
- John Wall, Stakes Are High — 2016-17 Wizards Player Previews November 2, 2016
- Markieff Morris, New Leaf for Keef — 2016-17 Wizards Player Previews November 1, 2016
- Letters About Wizards Playing the Blues in Memphis, Tennessee October 31, 2016
- Opening Statements 02: Wizards at Grizzlies — New Grind House October 30, 2016
- Game 1, Wizards at Hawks — Washington Waves White Flag in Atlanta October 28, 2016
- 4 Themes from a Problematic Wizards Opening Night October 28, 2016
- #FreeSato — The Birth of a Movement October 28, 2016
- TAI’s 2016-17 Washington Wizards and NBA Playoffs Predictions October 27, 2016
- Opening Statements 01: Wizards at Hawks — Hope Before Dawn October 27, 2016
- Capital Offense: Nobody Is Talking About The Wizards October 26, 2016
- Trey Burke, Next Up to Backup — 2016-17 Wizards Player Previews October 26, 2016