ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back - Columbia Heights Youth Center - 1400 block of Girard Street NW - K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants)
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 20
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
Recent TAI Posts
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke December 10, 2013
- Gortat on Getting Punked, Rebounding Like a Guard, and That Play With Ariza December 10, 2013
- Wizards vs Nuggets: the Game 20 Story via Twitter December 9, 2013
- Randy Wittman on Jordan Crawford, Eastern Conference Player of the Week December 9, 2013
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants) December 9, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 20 December 9, 2013
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500 December 8, 2013
- Wizards vs Bucks: the Game 19 Story via Twitter December 6, 2013
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!) December 6, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 19 December 6, 2013
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim December 6, 2013
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall) December 5, 2013
- Randy Wittman on ‘Analytical B.S.’ December 5, 2013