ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back – Columbia Heights Youth Center – 1400 block of Girard Street NW – K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
D.C. Trying to Sing in Key
All Recent Posts
- Late Defensive Lapse Leads to Holiday Hangover — Wizards vs Raptors, DC Council 14 November 29, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 82 vs Raptors 84 — New Lineup, Familiar Result November 29, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Raptors, Game 14 November 28, 2015
- Boston’s 3 Party Bags Wittman & Co. — Wizards at Celtics, DC Council 13 November 28, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 78 at Celtics 111 — Boston Waves at Wizards in Passing November 28, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Celtics, Game 13 November 27, 2015
- The Night That Brazil Imploded — Wizards at Hornets, DC Council 12 November 27, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 87 at Hornets 101 — Fourth Quarter Buzzkill in Charlotte November 26, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Hornets, Game 12 November 25, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 vs Pacers 123 — Script It, Grip It and Rip It November 25, 2015
Talking About Practice