ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back - Columbia Heights Youth Center - 1400 block of Girard Street NW - K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
Better Know a Wizards Fan:
Redskins Man Edition (aka ‘Pump it Up’ Man).
All Recent Posts
- Key Legislature: Washington 92 vs Suns 104 — Punchless Wiz Get Socked December 22, 2014
- DC Council 26: Wizards vs Suns — Washington Flash Fried in Second Half Sunburst December 22, 2014
- Wizards vs Suns in 66 Tweets — Win Streak Halted by Flexing from Phoenix December 22, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Suns, Game 26 December 21, 2014
- Key Legislature: Washington 105 at Miami 103 – Heat Stay Hot but Wizards Too Cool December 20, 2014
- Wizards at Heat in 80 Tweets — Wall and Nene Stay Cool in Miami December 20, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Heat, Game 25 December 19, 2014
- Marcin Gortat on the Gortat Brand and 100 Ideas Per Hour December 19, 2014
- Better Know a Wizards Fan: Redskins Man Edition (aka ‘Pump it Up’ Man) December 18, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 vs Timberwolves 95 — Game Changer Goes Dog Whisperer December 17, 2014
- DC Council 24: Wizards vs Timberwolves — Flip Saunders Back On Subway Diet December 17, 2014
- Flip Saunders on Building John Wall and Cleaning Gutters December 17, 2014