ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back - Columbia Heights Youth Center - 1400 block of Girard Street NW - K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
- Key Legislature: Wizards 100 at Knicks 103 — Preseason Game 8, Upstaged by Melo at Final Rehearsal
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 7: Wizards Shoot Blanks in B-More
- New Wizard John Lucas III Returns to Birthplace in the District (VIDEO)
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 6: Wizards Get Bugged — By Injury and Hornets
Recent TAI Posts
- Key Legislature: Wizards 95 at Heat 107 — Bosh and Wade Remind the Wiz Who’s Who October 30, 2014
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Heat, Game 1 October 29, 2014
- 16 Questions About a Season, a Washington Wizards 2014-15 Preview October 29, 2014
- The Process, Shoes, and Signature John Wall October 29, 2014
- What Did Otto Porter See? October 23, 2014
- 5-on-5: Questions About the 2014-15 Washington Wizards October 23, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 100 at Knicks 103 — Preseason Game 8, Upstaged by Melo at Final Rehearsal October 22, 2014
- Olde Tyme Randy Wittman on a Shorter NBA Season October 22, 2014
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 7: Wizards Shoot Blanks in B-More October 22, 2014
- New Wizard John Lucas III Returns to Birthplace in the District (VIDEO) October 21, 2014
- More Veterans, Please: Wizards Add John Lucas III to Well-Aged Stable October 21, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 84 vs Pelicans 88 — Preseason Game 7, Baltimore Bounced by the Birds October 21, 2014