ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back – Columbia Heights Youth Center – 1400 block of Girard Street NW – K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
Hard Cap Life
All Recent Posts
- The New NBA Schedule Totally Disrespects the Wizards August 13, 2015
- First Look at the 2015-16 Washington Wizards Schedule August 12, 2015
- 11 Observations from Vegas Summer League Plus Daryl Morey Playing Ping-Pong July 18, 2015
- Dispatch From Vegas Summer League — A Conversation With Oleksiy Pecherov July 17, 2015
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 5 — Pecked by the Birds July 17, 2015
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 4 – Wire-to-Wire Wizardry July 16, 2015
- Day 6: Sights and Sounds of Vegas Summer League — The Rookies, Wall, and Grunfeld July 16, 2015
- Day 5: Sights and Sounds of Vegas Summer League — Jordan Crawford Edition July 15, 2015
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 3 — Wizards Make Matinée Magic; No Steelo Show in Vegas July 14, 2015
- The Wizards Are Hard Capped — What Now? July 14, 2015
Letters from Poland