ShareBullets: Cross Me and I’ll Juke You Back
A D.C. pic and some links …
[Behind the Back – Columbia Heights Youth Center – 1400 block of Girard Street NW – K. Weidie]
Want more John Wall? Of course you do. In the second video TAI posted yesterday, Wall could be seen getting crossed up, and it would later surface that the ball-handler was Austin Rivers, son of Doc Rivers who is also ranked No. 2 overall in the ESPNU class of 2011 rankings.
On Rivers’ Scouts Inc. profile on ESPN Insider, the ‘Weaknesses’ section starts:
One definite area of needed improvement that sticks out about Rivers is that not only does he love going to his right the majority of times he has the ball, but if forced to his left he does not attack with the same aggressiveness. When played to his left he is reduced to relying on a one-or-two dribble step-back jumper for the majority of his offense.
Watch the video again (embedded below, this time at the 0:31 mark). Rivers crosses Wall from right to left, drives left to the hoop, and ultimately hits a right-handed scoop shot. Guess Rivers is trying to combat his ‘can’t go left’ scouting report weakness.
But don’t worry, Wall gets Rivers back at the 0:40 mark in the video below with a sick hesitation move which I can’t count how many times I’ve watched.
And for the heck of it, highlights of only John Wall at Elite 24.
>ON TAP TONIGHT:
NBATV – 7:30 pm (EST) - The Washington Mystics, down 1-0 in the best of three opening round playoff series, take on the Atlanta Dream in game two.
ESPNU – 8:00 pm (EST) - John Wall judges the Under Armour Elite 24 Dunk Contest.
What’s your favorite Wizards off-season moment? The Wizards official website has 15 representative photos for you to choose from … I’ll have to go with the first one.
JaVale McGee and Nick Young won some kind of summer championship.
Interesting, brief read on Gilbert Arenas and the number zero.
[The Seattle Sports Guy]
Ted Leonsis supports blogs.
The Washington Post wants to know if you are excited about the upcoming season for the Wizards.
Bethlehem Shoals on the WNBA’s Lauren Jackson.
Meet Michael J. Fox’s basketball-playing double from the movie “Teen Wolf.”
Cool Photography — 88 examples of forced perspective.
The Elite 24 alumni poster with John “Make ‘Em Fall” Wall.
- Truth Hurts: That’s Why They Brought Him Here
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 3 — A Victor’s Pursuit of History
- DC Council Round 1, Game 2: Wizards at Raptors — Wall and Beal Make Light Work of Weighty Win
- Key Legislature: Wizards 117 at Raptors 106 — The Night the Lights Went Out on Maple Leaf Square
All Recent Posts
- Truth Hurts: That’s Why They Brought Him Here April 25, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 3 — A Victor’s Pursuit of History April 24, 2015
- Field Study: A History of Paul Pierce at the 4 April 24, 2015
- DC Council Round 1, Game 2: Wizards at Raptors — Wall and Beal Make Light Work of Weighty Win April 22, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 117 at Raptors 106 — The Night the Lights Went Out on Maple Leaf Square April 22, 2015
- Youth Will Be Served: Wall, Beal and Porter Claim The North April 21, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 2 — Raptors Are For The Birds April 21, 2015
- DC Council Round 1, Game 1: Wizards at Raptors — The Year’s Best Dinosaur BBQ April 19, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 at Raptors 86 — Paul Pierce Found “It” April 19, 2015
- The Truth Was About It: Washington Defeats Toronto 93-86 in Overtime April 18, 2015
- Which Players Will Decide the Series? — Mythical vs. Extinct NBA Playoff Roundtable Part 3 April 18, 2015
Exercise in Frivolity
The Analytics Report
Deep B-Ball Philosophy