ShareBullets: Yi Jianlian Welcomes Haters
[Skateboarder in Central Park, NYC, taken from pedicab, 2010 NBA Draft Weekend – K. Weidie]
Figured some pictures of Yi Jianlian would be apt.
Not sure when this picture was taken, but damn that guy’s arms are ripped. Even the dude in the background looks pretty shocked.
Oh, and this picture from the White House flickr photostream seams fun. Now John Wall, if you improve your jump shot …. and Andray Blatche, if you improve your defense/rebounding …. maybe this can be you. That is, if President Obama more embraces the professional sports of the city in which he currently resides. He hasn’t even been to see the best team in town, rather can only toss zingers about the Caps to their owner.
Another stellar Mike Wise column … about Russ Grimm’s HOF induction and the Hogs.
“What If We Are Wrong Again About Steroids?” Great read.
Ted Leonsis wants me to learn how to use a recorder. Leonsis is, however, encouraged about my previous piece on TAI about Yi Jianlian, but writes (because of the lost tapes disclaimer I have before the piece), “And the reporter needs to learn how to use his Iphone recorder:-).”
Damn. If I only had an iphone … instead, I’m stuck with the cursed Blackberry Storm, which might have a recording capability, but I wouldn’t trust it. But yes, it’s probably time that I get a new recorder, and properly pay attention to the correct buttons.
Yea, Ricky Rubio is good. He was totally worth Mike Miller and Randy Foye.
[Ball In Europe]
Local firemen support Albert Haynesworth.
[DC Pro Sports Report]
Mississippi State’s Renardo Sidney has been through a lot. Some say his story is part of what’s wrong with the college/AAU/high school basketball landscape. I say he’s got a long road back to relevancy. And now he’s injured himself while “attempting a crossover from the top of the key” at an adidas camp in Chicago. Sidney is supposed to be a big man. Exactly.
Dave Letterman burns the Orioles.
Finally, props goes out to another local DMV musical group … The Five One (@thefiveone). I wanted to check them out at the North Capitol Street art walk this past Saturday, but was on a trip down to the mouth York River near Yorktown, VA (I made it Steinberg!).
But The Five One definitely has a nice sound that I’ve recently discovered … worth checking out, via their website, thefiveone.com, or by downloading their Road To SXSW Mixtape at chicagonow.com. Oh, and they’re Wizards fans too, especially @GOLDfiveone who tells me that he’s been watching Phil Chenier and Steve Buckhantz forever.
Check out their impromptu performance at the art walk …
And another one from The Five One.
All Recent Posts
- Crossed Up and Shot Down in LA — Wizards at Clippers, DC Council 77 April 6, 2016
- Gortat on the Season, the Offseason, and Driving Taxis — Dispatches from Poland April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises April 3, 2016
- Just Good Enough to Score More Points — Wizards at Suns, DC Council 76 April 2, 2016
- Season’s End by Best Friend — Wizards at Kings, DC Council 75 March 31, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Kings 120 — Season All But Put to Bed at Sleep Train Arena March 31, 2016
- Optical Illusion in Oracle — Wizards at Warriors, DC Council 74 March 30, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 94 at Warriors 102 — Fighting Uphill Without Bullets March 30, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Warriors, Game 74 March 29, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 at Lakers 88 — Wall Shows Shades of Showtime March 29, 2016
- Easy Like Sunday Evening in Kobe’s Twilight— Wizards at Lakers, DC Council 73 March 28, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Lakers, Game 73 March 27, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 129 vs Timberwolves 132 — Devastation on Fun Street March 27, 2016
- Don’t Test or Cross the Basketball Gods — Wizards vs Timberwolves, DC Council 72 March 26, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Timberwolves, Game 72 March 25, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Hawks 122 — Dennis Schröder with the Roughneck Business March 24, 2016
- Shredded by Schröder — Wizards vs Hawks, DC Council 71 March 24, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Hawks, Game 71 March 23, 2016
- From The Other Side: Catching Up With Kevin Seraphin March 23, 2016