ShareBullets: Yi Jianlian Welcomes Haters
[Skateboarder in Central Park, NYC, taken from pedicab, 2010 NBA Draft Weekend - K. Weidie]
Figured some pictures of Yi Jianlian would be apt.
Not sure when this picture was taken, but damn that guy’s arms are ripped. Even the dude in the background looks pretty shocked.
Oh, and this picture from the White House flickr photostream seams fun. Now John Wall, if you improve your jump shot …. and Andray Blatche, if you improve your defense/rebounding …. maybe this can be you. That is, if President Obama more embraces the professional sports of the city in which he currently resides. He hasn’t even been to see the best team in town, rather can only toss zingers about the Caps to their owner.
Another stellar Mike Wise column … about Russ Grimm’s HOF induction and the Hogs.
“What If We Are Wrong Again About Steroids?” Great read.
Ted Leonsis wants me to learn how to use a recorder. Leonsis is, however, encouraged about my previous piece on TAI about Yi Jianlian, but writes (because of the lost tapes disclaimer I have before the piece), “And the reporter needs to learn how to use his Iphone recorder:-).”
Damn. If I only had an iphone … instead, I’m stuck with the cursed Blackberry Storm, which might have a recording capability, but I wouldn’t trust it. But yes, it’s probably time that I get a new recorder, and properly pay attention to the correct buttons.
Yea, Ricky Rubio is good. He was totally worth Mike Miller and Randy Foye.
[Ball In Europe]
Local firemen support Albert Haynesworth.
[DC Pro Sports Report]
Mississippi State’s Renardo Sidney has been through a lot. Some say his story is part of what’s wrong with the college/AAU/high school basketball landscape. I say he’s got a long road back to relevancy. And now he’s injured himself while “attempting a crossover from the top of the key” at an adidas camp in Chicago. Sidney is supposed to be a big man. Exactly.
Dave Letterman burns the Orioles.
Finally, props goes out to another local DMV musical group … The Five One (@thefiveone). I wanted to check them out at the North Capitol Street art walk this past Saturday, but was on a trip down to the mouth York River near Yorktown, VA (I made it Steinberg!).
But The Five One definitely has a nice sound that I’ve recently discovered … worth checking out, via their website, thefiveone.com, or by downloading their Road To SXSW Mixtape at chicagonow.com. Oh, and they’re Wizards fans too, especially @GOLDfiveone who tells me that he’s been watching Phil Chenier and Steve Buckhantz forever.
Check out their impromptu performance at the art walk …
And another one from The Five One.
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 6: Wizards 80 vs Pacers 93: Downed But Not Without a Fight and a Future
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 4: Wizards 98 vs Bulls 89: 14-0 Start Takes Wind Out of Chicago
- Can the Wizards Win Without Nene? Lineup Data That Says Yes (& Pre-Game Wittman)
Recent TAI Posts
- Float On, DeJuan: What You Need to Know About Blair August 29, 2014
- Much Ado About Scheduling: How the Wizards Will Win National TV Hearts August 21, 2014
- Kris Humphries, Fancy Stats, and Why the Wizards Chose Right in Free Agency August 20, 2014
- Nene Maintains as Brazil Falls to U.S. in Saturday Night Friendly August 17, 2014
- No Names and Pro Names of the 2014 Las Vegas NBA Summer League August 13, 2014
- Pixels from Camp in Poland: A Stop in the Summer of Gortat August 12, 2014
- 3-on-3: Wall and Beal Cut from Team USA, Cassell’s Depature, and Continued #KSlife August 5, 2014
- Drew Gooden for Team Finland at the FIBA World Cup? Plus Other Wizards and Ex-Wizards August 4, 2014
- Sam Cassell Leaves Washington for LA Clippers, Will Be Missed by Wizards August 3, 2014
- Marcin Gortat on Love, Loneliness, and the Polish Struggle July 31, 2014
- A Story About A Story About A Boy from Seat Pleasant, Kevin Durant July 30, 2014
- Tomas Satoransky on Barcelona, Messi, JC Navarro, and a Wizards Future July 30, 2014