ShareBullets: Yi Jianlian Welcomes Haters
[Skateboarder in Central Park, NYC, taken from pedicab, 2010 NBA Draft Weekend - K. Weidie]
Figured some pictures of Yi Jianlian would be apt.
Not sure when this picture was taken, but damn that guy’s arms are ripped. Even the dude in the background looks pretty shocked.
Oh, and this picture from the White House flickr photostream seams fun. Now John Wall, if you improve your jump shot …. and Andray Blatche, if you improve your defense/rebounding …. maybe this can be you. That is, if President Obama more embraces the professional sports of the city in which he currently resides. He hasn’t even been to see the best team in town, rather can only toss zingers about the Caps to their owner.
Another stellar Mike Wise column … about Russ Grimm’s HOF induction and the Hogs.
“What If We Are Wrong Again About Steroids?” Great read.
Ted Leonsis wants me to learn how to use a recorder. Leonsis is, however, encouraged about my previous piece on TAI about Yi Jianlian, but writes (because of the lost tapes disclaimer I have before the piece), “And the reporter needs to learn how to use his Iphone recorder:-).”
Damn. If I only had an iphone … instead, I’m stuck with the cursed Blackberry Storm, which might have a recording capability, but I wouldn’t trust it. But yes, it’s probably time that I get a new recorder, and properly pay attention to the correct buttons.
Yea, Ricky Rubio is good. He was totally worth Mike Miller and Randy Foye.
[Ball In Europe]
Local firemen support Albert Haynesworth.
[DC Pro Sports Report]
Mississippi State’s Renardo Sidney has been through a lot. Some say his story is part of what’s wrong with the college/AAU/high school basketball landscape. I say he’s got a long road back to relevancy. And now he’s injured himself while “attempting a crossover from the top of the key” at an adidas camp in Chicago. Sidney is supposed to be a big man. Exactly.
Dave Letterman burns the Orioles.
Finally, props goes out to another local DMV musical group … The Five One (@thefiveone). I wanted to check them out at the North Capitol Street art walk this past Saturday, but was on a trip down to the mouth York River near Yorktown, VA (I made it Steinberg!).
But The Five One definitely has a nice sound that I’ve recently discovered … worth checking out, via their website, thefiveone.com, or by downloading their Road To SXSW Mixtape at chicagonow.com. Oh, and they’re Wizards fans too, especially @GOLDfiveone who tells me that he’s been watching Phil Chenier and Steve Buckhantz forever.
Check out their impromptu performance at the art walk …
And another one from The Five One.
- Barkley Hates the Wizards’ Name. Do You? Our Take and Your Votes. [Poll]
- Glen Rice and Otto Porter Become Bane and a Ninja Turtle for Halloween
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 1: Wizards-Bulls Tensions Renewed with Old-New Blood Pierce
- Key Legislature: Wizards 85 at Bulls 81, Preseason Game 1 — Pierce Pops Off
Xmas Day History
Better Know a Wizards Fan:
Redskins Man Edition (aka ‘Pump it Up’ Man).
All Recent Posts
- Wizards at Knicks in 85 Tweets — Happy Wallidays to the Sounds of #KnicksTape December 25, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Knicks, Game 28 December 25, 2014
- The Bullets-Wizards Franchise History on Christmas Day December 25, 2014
- DC Council 27: Wizards vs Bulls — Out-Muscled Inside, Ignored from a Distance December 24, 2014
- Key Legislature: Washington 91 vs Chicago 99: Wizards Go Down to Ugly Elevator Music December 24, 2014
- Wizards Numerology: On Health and Minutes December 23, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Game 27 December 23, 2014
- Key Legislature: Washington 92 vs Suns 104 — Punchless Wiz Get Socked December 22, 2014
- DC Council 26: Wizards vs Suns — Washington Flash Fried in Second Half Sunburst December 22, 2014
- Wizards vs Suns in 66 Tweets — Win Streak Halted by Flexing from Phoenix December 22, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Suns, Game 26 December 21, 2014
- Key Legislature: Washington 105 at Miami 103 – Heat Stay Hot but Wizards Too Cool December 20, 2014