Enjoying The Fun of The Washington Wizards
While I and others may criticize and analyze and break down the Washington Wizards to varying degrees, sometimes it’s best to sit back and appreciate that the game of basketball is fun, or at least it’s supposed to be. And that’s just what this team is trying to do, play ball and have fun. Of course, the millions they make comes with strings attached. Darn. So for now, enjoy the fun of some choice cuts from Media Day to Midnight Madness in pictures and video … at least until we starting counting wins and losses, and judging effort, and crunching advanced stats, and deciphering measured locker room comments, and analyzing coaching decisions, and etc….
[produced by TAI's Adam McGinnis]
[via TAI's Kyle Weidie]
What Gilbert Saw.
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret Kirk.
A Budding Wizard.
“That’s Me!” -Andray
Here NBC’s Lindsay Czarniak shows her veteran sports media scrum gamesmanship.
As I’ve described, the media scrum can be a pile of sweat, arms, flesh and cameras … tough to get good position, tough to keep balance, tough to get a question in, tough to get face time with a budding superstar like John Wall (you’d think the set-up would have been different, more access-friendly for the main players … oh well). So what did Czarniak do? She got low, kneeling/squatting in front of the table where Wall was sitting, and in front of/below the television cameras which had long been positioned in the prime real estate. Nobody to bump against and an avenue directly from her face to John’s. Pro media gamesmanship from Czarniak.
Steinberg’s Spilled Coffee.
John Wall and Gilbert Arenas share a laugh in the huddle … Yi wants in.
The Coaching Fraternity – Jim Larranaga, Tom Izzo and Flip Saunders.
Gilbert Arenas offers coaching instruction to Trevor Booker — Watch out Trevor! Tony Kornheiser says you can catch cancer that way!
Putting on a show? Sending a message? Just playing ball? It’s Gilbert, the Quiet Man.
[All photos copyright of Kyle Weidie, Truth About It.net]
- 3-on-3: Wall and Beal Cut from Team USA, Cassell’s Depature, and Continued #KSlife
- Drew Gooden for Team Finland at the FIBA World Cup? Plus Other Wizards and Ex-Wizards
- Sam Cassell Leaves Washington for LA Clippers, Will Be Missed by Wizards
- VIDEO: Sam Cassell, Otto Porter & Glen Rice Speak on Paul Pierce and Game 2 in Vegas
- Happy 4th of July from the Washington Wizards American Gladiators, a Photoshop
- Return of the Marc: Gortat Back with Wizards for 5-Years, $60 Million (News Courtesy of John Wall)
- This Gilbert Arenas Post Will Self-Destruct in Five Seconds
- Moving Pixels: A Peek Into Wizards Pre-NBA Draft Workouts 2014