Enjoying The Fun of The Washington Wizards
While I and others may criticize and analyze and break down the Washington Wizards to varying degrees, sometimes it’s best to sit back and appreciate that the game of basketball is fun, or at least it’s supposed to be. And that’s just what this team is trying to do, play ball and have fun. Of course, the millions they make comes with strings attached. Darn. So for now, enjoy the fun of some choice cuts from Media Day to Midnight Madness in pictures and video … at least until we starting counting wins and losses, and judging effort, and crunching advanced stats, and deciphering measured locker room comments, and analyzing coaching decisions, and etc….
[produced by TAI's Adam McGinnis]
[via TAI's Kyle Weidie]
What Gilbert Saw.
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret Kirk.
A Budding Wizard.
“That’s Me!” -Andray
Here NBC’s Lindsay Czarniak shows her veteran sports media scrum gamesmanship.
As I’ve described, the media scrum can be a pile of sweat, arms, flesh and cameras … tough to get good position, tough to keep balance, tough to get a question in, tough to get face time with a budding superstar like John Wall (you’d think the set-up would have been different, more access-friendly for the main players … oh well). So what did Czarniak do? She got low, kneeling/squatting in front of the table where Wall was sitting, and in front of/below the television cameras which had long been positioned in the prime real estate. Nobody to bump against and an avenue directly from her face to John’s. Pro media gamesmanship from Czarniak.
Steinberg’s Spilled Coffee.
John Wall and Gilbert Arenas share a laugh in the huddle … Yi wants in.
The Coaching Fraternity – Jim Larranaga, Tom Izzo and Flip Saunders.
Gilbert Arenas offers coaching instruction to Trevor Booker — Watch out Trevor! Tony Kornheiser says you can catch cancer that way!
Putting on a show? Sending a message? Just playing ball? It’s Gilbert, the Quiet Man.
[All photos copyright of Kyle Weidie, Truth About It.net]
- Key Legislature: Wizards 102 vs Hawks 106 — Washington Leaves Early for Thanksgiving Vacation
- D.C. Council 12: Wizards at Bucks — Ship Steadied, Comeback Sealed
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Bucks 100 — Pierce and His Wolfpack Shake Off Cleveland Hangover
- D.C. Council 11: Wizards vs Cavs — Lights-Out Wall Leaves Cleveland ‘in the Dark’
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Cavs 78 — Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Cavaliers, Game 11
- D.C. Council 10: Wizards vs Mavericks — Dallas Ponies Up, Washington Stuck at the Gate
- Key Legislature: Wizards 102 vs Mavericks 105: Information Overload Bluescreens Washington Defense