Enjoying The Fun of The Washington Wizards
While I and others may criticize and analyze and break down the Washington Wizards to varying degrees, sometimes it’s best to sit back and appreciate that the game of basketball is fun, or at least it’s supposed to be. And that’s just what this team is trying to do, play ball and have fun. Of course, the millions they make comes with strings attached. Darn. So for now, enjoy the fun of some choice cuts from Media Day to Midnight Madness in pictures and video … at least until we starting counting wins and losses, and judging effort, and crunching advanced stats, and deciphering measured locker room comments, and analyzing coaching decisions, and etc….
[produced by TAI's Adam McGinnis]
[via TAI's Kyle Weidie]
What Gilbert Saw.
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret Kirk.
A Budding Wizard.
“That’s Me!” -Andray
Here NBC’s Lindsay Czarniak shows her veteran sports media scrum gamesmanship.
As I’ve described, the media scrum can be a pile of sweat, arms, flesh and cameras … tough to get good position, tough to keep balance, tough to get a question in, tough to get face time with a budding superstar like John Wall (you’d think the set-up would have been different, more access-friendly for the main players … oh well). So what did Czarniak do? She got low, kneeling/squatting in front of the table where Wall was sitting, and in front of/below the television cameras which had long been positioned in the prime real estate. Nobody to bump against and an avenue directly from her face to John’s. Pro media gamesmanship from Czarniak.
Steinberg’s Spilled Coffee.
John Wall and Gilbert Arenas share a laugh in the huddle … Yi wants in.
The Coaching Fraternity – Jim Larranaga, Tom Izzo and Flip Saunders.
Gilbert Arenas offers coaching instruction to Trevor Booker — Watch out Trevor! Tony Kornheiser says you can catch cancer that way!
Putting on a show? Sending a message? Just playing ball? It’s Gilbert, the Quiet Man.
[All photos copyright of Kyle Weidie, Truth About It.net]
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- Ariza, Bruh: A Chill Life From Beyond the Arc Speaks After Playing Jazz
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore