ShareBullets: Adam Morrison Coming To Training Camp: Deal With It
A D.C. pic, links and commentary …
[A basketball court, Marie Reed Recreation Center, Adams Morgan, Washington, DC - K. Weidie]
Is this meme too old yet?
Not when the mustache wears sunglasses too.
Remember, Ernie Grunfeld supports mustaches.
And I hereby declare the Wizards the most blog-worthy team ever …
(at least the contingent that’s been invited to training camp).
Gilly, JimmyWa, Party All Dray, Epic Vale, Yiiiiii, J-Ho, Captain Kirk, Bean Burrito, “H”, Sam I Am, Flip, a Kiwi, and now …
(also what some people call the Adams Morgan section of D.C., not sure how I feel about that moniker)
So Adam Morrison will be in training camp and everybody is laughing (as in all the mustache zingers). Well, except for Al Thornton.
As it becomes more evident that Josh Howard won’t be available until December at the earliest, perhaps longer, the Wizards really need more depth at small forward, i.e., Thornton alone won’t cut it, even if the likes of Cartier Martin, Nick Young or Yi Jianlian could be around to supplant him. Of course, even though he could provide a need as a shooter, Morrison might not even make the team. Thornton’s defense seems questionable enough, Morrison’s past ability to stop others could be deemed dreadful. Shouldn’t there be limited room for defensive ineptitude? Or will Flip Saunders laud Morrison’s unseen defensive ability like he has for Gilbert Arenas?
In addition to Morrison, the Washington Post’s Michael Lee reports that Mardy Collins and Kevin Palmer will join already known camp invitees Martin, Lester Hudson and Sean Marks. Lee also relays that Hamady Ndiaye has accepted the Wizards’ non-guaranteed tender and will participate in camp.
Rashad Mobley previously reflected on Morrison’s training camp invite at TAI.
[Truth About It]
Coincidently SLAM ran with a piece about Adam Morrison on Tuesday (composed prior to the Wizards invite). The money quote:
“Morrison needs to be welcomed to a team that has a somewhat established group of players but enough of a hole in the lineup that would warrant an all-around skilled, yet wild at times, type of player. At 26 years old and only three years removed from his outstanding senior year at Gonzaga, Morrison’s career is still salvageable. Keep in mind that his all his time on the bench makes him one of the most well-preserved bodies in the League.”
Michael Lee has a piece on Wizards Insider “concerning” Flip Saunders. I found this excerpt interesting:
“With such a young team, Saunders will have a chance to mold them before they’ve already developed bad habits. He has already tried to connect with his youngsters by coming up with an idea for a Midnight Madness practice that will help the rookies get their first NBA practice out the way at the time when their emotions and nerves are high.”
At first read, it would seem odd to parade nervous rookies out in front of crowds, etc. for their first practice. But if you look at it differently, perhaps Midnight Madness will be a good way for the Wiz kids and others to release their anxious energy by entertaining fans before getting down to serious business.
Check out some sweet video footage of Wizards pickup games at the Verizon Center that was recently uploaded (you’ll get to see a shirtless Sean Marks!).
OMG! God Shammgod doing commercials for Converse!
Perhaps JaVale McGee should just look for garbage offense and concentrate on defense and rebounding more. Just perhaps.
Or is JaVale McGee the next Tree Rollins? … Or any number of statistically comparable players?
[Washington Post Fan Blog]
This preseason primer on the Wizards suggests that Nick Young will be trying to beat out Gilbert Arenas for a spot at the starting two guard. When first reading I reacted in the following ways: Yea, riiiiight.; Nick Young? Really?; Funny.; Well, maybe I’m too down on Nick sometimes.; Then again, Kyle, he’s never been consistent. Not once.; Realistically, Young will just be competing for minutes, much less a starting role.; Then again, someone with his potential is needed and it will be fulfilling if he ever puts it together.; Good luck. (but not in a Chris Webber kind of way).
[NBA Facts & Rumors]
Speaking of Nick, he recently got interviewed … said he’s been “workin’ out, gettin’ buff” …
Ted Leonsis “discovered” some weird foreign blog that’s bootlegging the content of this very site, Truth About It.net.
Yi Jianlian only has eyes for Chinese girls.
JaVale McGee dunks on Dorrell Wright at Nike Real Run.
[Ball Is Life]
Evidently Randy Foye is pictured twice in the 2011 Wizards calendar.
[Dan Steinberg Randomness]
Speaking of … Dan Steinberg and the Washington City Paper’s Dave McKenna have always had this weird thing between each other. I think they used to be neighbors. I wonder how good their fence was.
[Washington City Paper]
I went to the Redskins-Texans game. Chuck Brown performed. He was pretty damn awesome.
A friend of mine, a guy I used to work with, recently FaceBook emailed me wondering why the Wizards weren’t going after Kyrylo Fesenko. Here’s why Jazz fans want to keep him.
[Living and Dying By The Jazz]
The Washington Post executive editor doesn’t think about the Wizards, but good ol’ Dan Steinberg does.
[DC Sports Bog]
Must read on Hakeem The Dream.
[Ball Don't Lie]
Training Camp primer.
An illustration of the racial divide in the Washington, D.C. area.
[The Sunset Biker - Adams Morgan, Washington, DC - K. Weidie]
- Things About the 2013-14 Wizards Schedule That You Must Know Because It’s The Internet
- This Week’s Sign the Apocalypse is Upon Us: JaVale McGee Handed Keys to Denver Nuggets
- Escape to L.A.: Ex-Wizards Arenas, Young and Crittenton are Coolin’ and Hoopin’
- How to Alienate Players and Lose a Lot of Games: The Washington Wizards Way
Recent TAI Posts
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 7: Wizards Shoot Blanks in B-More October 22, 2014
- New Wizard John Lucas III Returns to Birthplace in the District (VIDEO) October 21, 2014
- More Veterans, Please: Wizards Add John Lucas III to Well-Aged Stable October 21, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 84 vs Pelicans 88 — Preseason Game 7, Baltimore Bounced by the Birds October 21, 2014
- Czech-ing Development: Tomas Satoransky vs Jiri Welsch October 20, 2014
- Hammers from Poland: New Goals, New Truths, New Wizards October 20, 2014
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 6: Wizards Get Bugged — By Injury and Hornets October 19, 2014
- Coming in 2015: The Marcin Gortat Action Figure October 17, 2014
- Suddenly, These Young Wizards Are Old as Dirt October 17, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Maccabi Haifa 95, Preseason Gm 5 — Seraphin, Silas & Yung Simba Shine October 16, 2014
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 4: Seraphin Game-Winner Just Another Day in #KSLife October 15, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Pistons 89, Preseason Game 4 — The Professor Gets Clinical October 13, 2014