ShareBullets: Josh Howard Wears A Very Josh Howard Outfit While Handing Out Big Checks
Last Thursday, it seems that Josh Howard was on hand for the Wake Forest football opener against Presbyterian. While there, Howard donated $100,000 from his foundation to endow the “Josh Howard Scholarship” at Wake. Good stuff to hear. However …
Via pictures graciously provided by Flickr user SneakinDeacon, we must wonder what the 30-year old Howard was wearing. Looks to be comfortable gear for a football game … or questionable gear for handing over big novelty checks. But I’m not one to judge.
What one really must wonder is if Brendan Haywood considers the outfit “Josh Howard Hood” … ahhh, the answers to the unknown questions of the universe.
Moving on … (links below the pic)
Both the Wizards and Caps will finally have all their games in HD! Now, in-fighting amongst fans (mostly from Caps fans) about preferential treatment by Comcast can stop. Rejoice! (That is, if your local provider carries CSN+ in HD — you’re listening, right RCN?)
[DC Sports Bog]
Wizards rookie Trevor Booker evidently loves Twilight. This can’t bode well for his on-court nastiness, or can it?
Courtesy of ESPN’s Marc Stein, we know John Wall, Gilbert Arenas, Andray Blatche and Yi Jianlian will be the featured Wizards in the upcoming release of “NBA Jam.” Surely some people will be screaming for JaVale McGee over Yi … 1.3 billion from China would likely disagree. It’s a business, folks.
A breakdown of the NBA Jam rosters and the suggestion that the Wizards could be a dark horse as one of the best teams.
[Early Termination Option]
Might Flip Saunders be one of the NBA coaches on the “Hot Seat” going into the season? I’d say likely.
[NBA Facts & Rumors]
A national writer makes a case for Gilbert Arenas. #Rare.
Turkey reminds the Wizards of their draft past … it always does, doesn’t it?
Bullets Forever wonders what we can expect from Kevin Seraphin. My answer: I have absolutely no clue … lemme see this kid against some competition first.
Panini has released some John Wall cards, among others.
[The Cardboard Connection]
In case you were looking for where you can buy the John Wall ‘Great Wall of Chinatown’ t-shirt that was pictured in a previous post, it’s here:
[One vs. Many]
Skepticism of Yi Jianlian’s FIBA Worlds numbers and how they’ll translate. Seems reasonable/We’ll see.
A video compilation of LeBron James’ 2010 Summer. “Yay.”
[You Been Blinded]
Against the Hornets last year, Al Thornton had one of the best offensive performances of his career (did it as a Clipper — one of nine career 30-plus-point games, all with L.A., in 225 career NBA games), and the New Orleans brass hopes that Trevor Ariza will put a halt to such performances.
First it was the Washington Post, now the Charlotte Bobcats are looking for a fan blogger.
[Peter Robert Casey]
Was Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson the best-worst NBA Champion ever?
Wireless Internet on the National Wall is up and running (plus where else in D.C. you can find free WiFi).
The Colors of Basketball — pretty cool design.
[Design You Trust]
The Bill Simmons Quote of the Week: where he chastises the Orlando Magic for taking Dwight Howard instead of Emeka Okafor.
Coke, Pop, Soda, or Other?
The 50 Best Dunks In College Basketball History
Relevant to Wizards/Bullets:
- Allen Iverson dunk at Capital Centre (honorable mention, 0:22)
- Al Thornton dunk at Florida State (hon. mention, 0:32)
- Grant Hill over Jim McIlvaine (No. 42, 3:28)
- LaBradford Smith (No. 31, 5:51)
- Clyde Drexler over Andre Turner (yes, Turner played for the Bullets) (No. 11, 10:13)
- Davin Ham backboard breaker (No. 8, 10:55)
- I’m sure I’m missing some Wizards/Bullets-related players, such as Jerry Stackhouse (seen a couple times), but for some reason I’d like to forget that Stackhouse ever played two seasons (96 games) with the franchise.
Enjoy, it’s long, but good. (h/t: The Dagger)
- Key Legislature: Wizards 121 vs Nets 103 — Without Wall, Washington Weathers Storm
- Crossed Up and Shot Down in LA — Wizards at Clippers, DC Council 77
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises
All Recent Posts
- Gortat on Coaching Changes, Summer Plans, and Finding Love for Basketball — Dispatches from Poland May 3, 2016
- But What About Scott Brooks’ Analytics? And the Children, Of Course April 28, 2016
- Brooks is Here — Wizards Seek Redemption with New Head Coach April 22, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 120 at Nets 111 — Elusive .500 Record So Close, So Far Away April 13, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 113 vs Hornets 98 — Dancing On Their Own Grave Like Nobody’s Watching April 10, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards at Pistons — You May Now Rest in Peace April 9, 2016
- This Isn’t The First Wizards Ride on the Must-Win Rodeo April 8, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 121 vs Nets 103 — Without Wall, Washington Weathers Storm April 7, 2016
- Washington Twitches Briefly to Life after Unofficial Death — Wizards vs Nets, DC Council 78 April 7, 2016
- Crossed Up and Shot Down in LA — Wizards at Clippers, DC Council 77 April 6, 2016
- Gortat on the Season, the Offseason, and Driving Taxis — Dispatches from Poland April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises April 3, 2016
- Just Good Enough to Score More Points — Wizards at Suns, DC Council 76 April 2, 2016
- Season’s End by Best Friend — Wizards at Kings, DC Council 75 March 31, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Kings 120 — Season All But Put to Bed at Sleep Train Arena March 31, 2016
- Optical Illusion in Oracle — Wizards at Warriors, DC Council 74 March 30, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 94 at Warriors 102 — Fighting Uphill Without Bullets March 30, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Warriors, Game 74 March 29, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 at Lakers 88 — Wall Shows Shades of Showtime March 29, 2016