ShareBullets: Josh Howard Wears A Very Josh Howard Outfit While Handing Out Big Checks
Last Thursday, it seems that Josh Howard was on hand for the Wake Forest football opener against Presbyterian. While there, Howard donated $100,000 from his foundation to endow the “Josh Howard Scholarship” at Wake. Good stuff to hear. However …
Via pictures graciously provided by Flickr user SneakinDeacon, we must wonder what the 30-year old Howard was wearing. Looks to be comfortable gear for a football game … or questionable gear for handing over big novelty checks. But I’m not one to judge.
What one really must wonder is if Brendan Haywood considers the outfit “Josh Howard Hood” … ahhh, the answers to the unknown questions of the universe.
Moving on … (links below the pic)
Both the Wizards and Caps will finally have all their games in HD! Now, in-fighting amongst fans (mostly from Caps fans) about preferential treatment by Comcast can stop. Rejoice! (That is, if your local provider carries CSN+ in HD — you’re listening, right RCN?)
[DC Sports Bog]
Wizards rookie Trevor Booker evidently loves Twilight. This can’t bode well for his on-court nastiness, or can it?
Courtesy of ESPN’s Marc Stein, we know John Wall, Gilbert Arenas, Andray Blatche and Yi Jianlian will be the featured Wizards in the upcoming release of “NBA Jam.” Surely some people will be screaming for JaVale McGee over Yi … 1.3 billion from China would likely disagree. It’s a business, folks.
A breakdown of the NBA Jam rosters and the suggestion that the Wizards could be a dark horse as one of the best teams.
[Early Termination Option]
Might Flip Saunders be one of the NBA coaches on the “Hot Seat” going into the season? I’d say likely.
[NBA Facts & Rumors]
A national writer makes a case for Gilbert Arenas. #Rare.
Turkey reminds the Wizards of their draft past … it always does, doesn’t it?
Bullets Forever wonders what we can expect from Kevin Seraphin. My answer: I have absolutely no clue … lemme see this kid against some competition first.
Panini has released some John Wall cards, among others.
[The Cardboard Connection]
In case you were looking for where you can buy the John Wall ‘Great Wall of Chinatown’ t-shirt that was pictured in a previous post, it’s here:
[One vs. Many]
Skepticism of Yi Jianlian’s FIBA Worlds numbers and how they’ll translate. Seems reasonable/We’ll see.
A video compilation of LeBron James’ 2010 Summer. “Yay.”
[You Been Blinded]
Against the Hornets last year, Al Thornton had one of the best offensive performances of his career (did it as a Clipper — one of nine career 30-plus-point games, all with L.A., in 225 career NBA games), and the New Orleans brass hopes that Trevor Ariza will put a halt to such performances.
First it was the Washington Post, now the Charlotte Bobcats are looking for a fan blogger.
[Peter Robert Casey]
Was Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson the best-worst NBA Champion ever?
Wireless Internet on the National Wall is up and running (plus where else in D.C. you can find free WiFi).
The Colors of Basketball — pretty cool design.
[Design You Trust]
The Bill Simmons Quote of the Week: where he chastises the Orlando Magic for taking Dwight Howard instead of Emeka Okafor.
Coke, Pop, Soda, or Other?
The 50 Best Dunks In College Basketball History
Relevant to Wizards/Bullets:
- Allen Iverson dunk at Capital Centre (honorable mention, 0:22)
- Al Thornton dunk at Florida State (hon. mention, 0:32)
- Grant Hill over Jim McIlvaine (No. 42, 3:28)
- LaBradford Smith (No. 31, 5:51)
- Clyde Drexler over Andre Turner (yes, Turner played for the Bullets) (No. 11, 10:13)
- Davin Ham backboard breaker (No. 8, 10:55)
- I’m sure I’m missing some Wizards/Bullets-related players, such as Jerry Stackhouse (seen a couple times), but for some reason I’d like to forget that Stackhouse ever played two seasons (96 games) with the franchise.
Enjoy, it’s long, but good. (h/t: The Dagger)
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!)
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall)
- Top 5 Things Wizards Are Good at Doing
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
Recent TAI Posts
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500 December 8, 2013
- Wizards vs Bucks: the Game 19 Story via Twitter December 6, 2013
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!) December 6, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 19 December 6, 2013
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim December 6, 2013
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall) December 5, 2013
- Randy Wittman on ‘Analytical B.S.’ December 5, 2013
- Top 5 Things Wizards Are Good at Doing December 5, 2013
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat December 4, 2013
- Poll Dance Tuesday: Long Live #WittmanFace? December 3, 2013
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire December 3, 2013
- Wizards vs Magic: the Game 18 Story via Twitter (The Simple Joys of .500 Basketball) December 2, 2013
- Not Really an Otto Porter UPDATE: He Shoots Basketballs (Video) December 2, 2013