ShareBullets: Josh Howard Wears A Very Josh Howard Outfit While Handing Out Big Checks
Last Thursday, it seems that Josh Howard was on hand for the Wake Forest football opener against Presbyterian. While there, Howard donated $100,000 from his foundation to endow the “Josh Howard Scholarship” at Wake. Good stuff to hear. However …
Via pictures graciously provided by Flickr user SneakinDeacon, we must wonder what the 30-year old Howard was wearing. Looks to be comfortable gear for a football game … or questionable gear for handing over big novelty checks. But I’m not one to judge.
What one really must wonder is if Brendan Haywood considers the outfit “Josh Howard Hood” … ahhh, the answers to the unknown questions of the universe.
Moving on … (links below the pic)
Both the Wizards and Caps will finally have all their games in HD! Now, in-fighting amongst fans (mostly from Caps fans) about preferential treatment by Comcast can stop. Rejoice! (That is, if your local provider carries CSN+ in HD — you’re listening, right RCN?)
[DC Sports Bog]
Wizards rookie Trevor Booker evidently loves Twilight. This can’t bode well for his on-court nastiness, or can it?
Courtesy of ESPN’s Marc Stein, we know John Wall, Gilbert Arenas, Andray Blatche and Yi Jianlian will be the featured Wizards in the upcoming release of “NBA Jam.” Surely some people will be screaming for JaVale McGee over Yi … 1.3 billion from China would likely disagree. It’s a business, folks.
A breakdown of the NBA Jam rosters and the suggestion that the Wizards could be a dark horse as one of the best teams.
[Early Termination Option]
Might Flip Saunders be one of the NBA coaches on the “Hot Seat” going into the season? I’d say likely.
[NBA Facts & Rumors]
A national writer makes a case for Gilbert Arenas. #Rare.
Turkey reminds the Wizards of their draft past … it always does, doesn’t it?
Bullets Forever wonders what we can expect from Kevin Seraphin. My answer: I have absolutely no clue … lemme see this kid against some competition first.
Panini has released some John Wall cards, among others.
[The Cardboard Connection]
In case you were looking for where you can buy the John Wall ‘Great Wall of Chinatown’ t-shirt that was pictured in a previous post, it’s here:
[One vs. Many]
Skepticism of Yi Jianlian’s FIBA Worlds numbers and how they’ll translate. Seems reasonable/We’ll see.
A video compilation of LeBron James’ 2010 Summer. “Yay.”
[You Been Blinded]
Against the Hornets last year, Al Thornton had one of the best offensive performances of his career (did it as a Clipper — one of nine career 30-plus-point games, all with L.A., in 225 career NBA games), and the New Orleans brass hopes that Trevor Ariza will put a halt to such performances.
First it was the Washington Post, now the Charlotte Bobcats are looking for a fan blogger.
[Peter Robert Casey]
Was Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson the best-worst NBA Champion ever?
Wireless Internet on the National Wall is up and running (plus where else in D.C. you can find free WiFi).
The Colors of Basketball — pretty cool design.
[Design You Trust]
The Bill Simmons Quote of the Week: where he chastises the Orlando Magic for taking Dwight Howard instead of Emeka Okafor.
Coke, Pop, Soda, or Other?
The 50 Best Dunks In College Basketball History
Relevant to Wizards/Bullets:
- Allen Iverson dunk at Capital Centre (honorable mention, 0:22)
- Al Thornton dunk at Florida State (hon. mention, 0:32)
- Grant Hill over Jim McIlvaine (No. 42, 3:28)
- LaBradford Smith (No. 31, 5:51)
- Clyde Drexler over Andre Turner (yes, Turner played for the Bullets) (No. 11, 10:13)
- Davin Ham backboard breaker (No. 8, 10:55)
- I’m sure I’m missing some Wizards/Bullets-related players, such as Jerry Stackhouse (seen a couple times), but for some reason I’d like to forget that Stackhouse ever played two seasons (96 games) with the franchise.
Enjoy, it’s long, but good. (h/t: The Dagger)
- DC Council Round 1, Game 1: Wizards at Raptors — The Year’s Best Dinosaur BBQ
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 at Raptors 86 — Paul Pierce Found “It”
- Which Players Will Decide the Series? — Mythical vs. Extinct NBA Playoff Roundtable Part 3
- How Real is Paul Pierce at the 4? — Mythical vs. Extinct NBA Playoff Roundtable Part 2
All Recent Posts
- DC Council Round 1, Game 1: Wizards at Raptors — The Year’s Best Dinosaur BBQ April 19, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 at Raptors 86 — Paul Pierce Found “It” April 19, 2015
- The Truth Was About It: Washington Defeats Toronto 93-86 in Overtime April 18, 2015
- Which Players Will Decide the Series? — Mythical vs. Extinct NBA Playoff Roundtable Part 3 April 18, 2015
- How Real is Paul Pierce at the 4? — Mythical vs. Extinct NBA Playoff Roundtable Part 2 April 18, 2015
- Which Raptor Scares You the Most? — Mythical vs. Extinct NBA Playoff Roundtable Part 1 April 18, 2015
- Opening Statements: Reconciling Playoff #EffortTalk April 18, 2015
- Wizards-Raptors 2015 NBA Playoffs Series Preview Q&A April 17, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 108 at Cavs 113 — Meaning for the Meaningless April 16, 2015
- DC Council 82: Wizards at Cavaliers — How Brendan Haywood Got His Groove Back April 16, 2015
- Inside the Numbers: The Year in Chick-fil-A at Washington Wizards Games April 16, 2015
Exercise in Frivolity
The Analytics Report
Deep B-Ball Philosophy