ShareBullets: Sunday Is In The Building
A D.C. pic and some links for Sunday reading. Hope you’re having a good one …
[The National Building Museum, Washington, D.C. – K. Weidie]
A Western Conference executive thinks the Wizards could be in the playoff picture in the East, Ben Standig breaks it down.
SLAM has an interview with Caron Butler. He says the time he spent working at Burger King as a kid was a “life-changing experience” (he now owns several BK franchises), and that he will also shadow Mark Cuban (going to board meetings and the what-not) later this summer.
Mike James picks John Wall to win Rookie of the Year.
JaVale McGee hosted an exclusive party at a fancy club in Hollywood on Saturday.
[Out of Bounds]
Kirk Hinrich is most likely to fill the glue-guy role perfectly, and John Wall is most likely to jump out the gym.
Advocates for the homeless in Miami are refusing free Cavaliers LeBron gear from Cleveland.
[Pro Basketball Talk]
On a related note, I’ve seen homeless around D.C. wearing ‘John Wall Game Changer’ t-shirts on at least three occasions. Brilliant marketing move, or just a supply in excess?
A Timberwolves fan is not happy with Trey Kerby of Yahoo!’s Ball Don’t Lie.
Ted Leonsis seems ready to battle with a member of the NHL media.
Al Thornton recently Tweeted a video of him working out, taking long jumpers.
Can’t say the way his feet land looks all that great.
Check out the below photo of Earl “The Pearl” Monroe against the Baltimore Bullets from the SI Vault.
From what I can gather, judging by No. 11 Elvin Hayes catching up, the score having the Bullets up 84-68 with 7:51 left in the fourth, and the April 9 Roller Games advertised on the scoreboard, the photo was taken on Friday, April 6, 1973 — Game four of a first round playoff series between the Bullets and the Knicks, a Baltimore win after going down 3-0 to begin the series.
New York won the series four games to one, beat the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals and the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals to take the 1972-73 NBA championship. This was Monroe’s first full season with the Knicks after being traded from Baltimore to New York during the previous season, and it was Elvin Hayes’ first season as a Bullet after being traded from Houston to Baltimore in June of 1972. Monroe is set to go up against No. 21 Archie Clark with No. 12 John Tresvant in the background. Pretty cool-looking retro pic.
[h/t: Oakley & Allen]
- Crossed Up and Shot Down in LA — Wizards at Clippers, DC Council 77
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises
- Just Good Enough to Score More Points — Wizards at Suns, DC Council 76
All Recent Posts
- Crossed Up and Shot Down in LA — Wizards at Clippers, DC Council 77 April 6, 2016
- Gortat on the Season, the Offseason, and Driving Taxis — Dispatches from Poland April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises April 3, 2016
- Just Good Enough to Score More Points — Wizards at Suns, DC Council 76 April 2, 2016
- Season’s End by Best Friend — Wizards at Kings, DC Council 75 March 31, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Kings 120 — Season All But Put to Bed at Sleep Train Arena March 31, 2016
- Optical Illusion in Oracle — Wizards at Warriors, DC Council 74 March 30, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 94 at Warriors 102 — Fighting Uphill Without Bullets March 30, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Warriors, Game 74 March 29, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 at Lakers 88 — Wall Shows Shades of Showtime March 29, 2016
- Easy Like Sunday Evening in Kobe’s Twilight— Wizards at Lakers, DC Council 73 March 28, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Lakers, Game 73 March 27, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 129 vs Timberwolves 132 — Devastation on Fun Street March 27, 2016
- Don’t Test or Cross the Basketball Gods — Wizards vs Timberwolves, DC Council 72 March 26, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Timberwolves, Game 72 March 25, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Hawks 122 — Dennis Schröder with the Roughneck Business March 24, 2016
- Shredded by Schröder — Wizards vs Hawks, DC Council 71 March 24, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Hawks, Game 71 March 23, 2016
- From The Other Side: Catching Up With Kevin Seraphin March 23, 2016