Notes From The Other Side: Atlanta Hawks
Note: The Washington Wizards PR staff was nice enough to give Truth About It three media credentials. One for photographer extraordinaire, Adam McGinnis, one for editor-in-chief, Kyle Weidie, and one for myself, Rashad Mobley. It would be foolish for Kyle and I to both cover the Wizards locker room, so I volunteered to cover the “Away” locker room all year in a segment I decided to title, “Notes From The Other Side.” So before and after games, it is my goal to bring you the Wizards perspective from the visiting locker room.
Prior to tonight’s Hawks-Wizards preseason matchup, I got a chance to talk to former Wizards assistant coach (2000-2003) and current Hawks coach, Larry Drew. I asked him about the challenges involved in playing rookie point guards, how he planned on defending the Wizards without Gilbert Arenas, and what the addition of former Wizard Etan Thomas has done for his team. Watch below.
All Recent Posts
- Key Legislature: Wizards 104 vs Knicks 115 — Offensive Defense October 10, 2015
- Melo Trumps One-Pass Wizards Offense — Washington vs New York, DC Council (Preseason Game 2) October 10, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Knicks, Preseason Game 2 October 9, 2015
- Andre Miller in the Old/New Year — A Wizards Preview Series October 9, 2015
- Gilbert Arenas Responds to Tuff Truths About Locker Room Guns October 8, 2015
- Ramon Sessions in the Old/New Year — A Wizards Preview Series October 8, 2015
- Washington Debuts ‘Blogger Ball,’ Crushes Philadelphia 129-95 October 7, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 129 vs 76ers 95 — Finally Playing to John Wall’s Strengths October 7, 2015
- Enter Small Ball: Navigating Washington’s Change in Philosophy October 6, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Sixers, Preseason Game 1 October 6, 2015
Enter Small Ball
Talking About Practice