ShareBullets: John Wall’s Marvel Comic Book Cover
ESPN Insider has a pretty cool feature … Marvel comic book covers for each NBA team. John Wall is naturally featured for the Wizards. It kinda looks like him, but mostly doesn’t. What I’m most curious about is what that shadowy figure in the background is supposed to represent. Gilbert Arenas? Other point guard opponents? I like to think it’s John Calipari. Click here to check out the comic book covers for other teams (again, you must have an ESPN Insider account … sorry) — the cover for the Cavaliers has to be especially annoying to Cleveland fans … and no, it’s not a rendering of Antawn Jamison playing Mr. Glass.
A panel of six NBA scouts are cumulatively picking the Wizards to finish tied with the 76ers for 8th in the East. Evidently one scout believes the Wizards will be 6th in the East, two others think the Wiz will finish 12th.
Hamady N’diaye is as positive as punch as he tries to fight his way onto the Wizards’ roster. With Sean Marks and Adam Morrison being cut today, his chances, along with those of Lester Hudson and Cartier Martin, just got a good deal better. It might all come down to what Ernie Grunfeld values more: the 56th pick or an open 15th roster spot.
JE Skeets previews the Wizards and pegs them for 33 wins.
[The Basketball Jones]
Ric Bucher and Chris Broussard debate whether the Orlando Magic should try to trade Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas.
[ESPN Insider] — here’s an excerpt:
Broussard: “I have to admit that I like that idea — except for one thing: Arenas’ health. If I’m Otis Smith I want to wait until I see Arenas play for a month or two before I pull the trigger.”
Bucher: “Would you like some syrup with that waffle? Every trade is a risk. Unless you can suggest someone else they can and should go get, Arenas is not just a possibility, he’s a necessity.”
It goes on from there with Broussard saying that, “Arenas looks like a troubled, over-the-hill time bomb,” with the disclaimer: “AT THIS MOMENT.”
Mike Prada takes a look at some advanced preseason numbers for the Wiz.
Check out the best of the Wizards’ preseason photos.
Also, the first episode of Wizards Magazine recently came out … go watch it.
John Wall Preseason Highlights.
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans
- D.C. Council Game 57: Wizards 115 vs Magic 106: Splash of Class Helps Magic Sugar Pill Go Down