ShareBullets: John Wall’s Marvel Comic Book Cover
ESPN Insider has a pretty cool feature … Marvel comic book covers for each NBA team. John Wall is naturally featured for the Wizards. It kinda looks like him, but mostly doesn’t. What I’m most curious about is what that shadowy figure in the background is supposed to represent. Gilbert Arenas? Other point guard opponents? I like to think it’s John Calipari. Click here to check out the comic book covers for other teams (again, you must have an ESPN Insider account … sorry) — the cover for the Cavaliers has to be especially annoying to Cleveland fans … and no, it’s not a rendering of Antawn Jamison playing Mr. Glass.
A panel of six NBA scouts are cumulatively picking the Wizards to finish tied with the 76ers for 8th in the East. Evidently one scout believes the Wizards will be 6th in the East, two others think the Wiz will finish 12th.
Hamady N’diaye is as positive as punch as he tries to fight his way onto the Wizards’ roster. With Sean Marks and Adam Morrison being cut today, his chances, along with those of Lester Hudson and Cartier Martin, just got a good deal better. It might all come down to what Ernie Grunfeld values more: the 56th pick or an open 15th roster spot.
JE Skeets previews the Wizards and pegs them for 33 wins.
[The Basketball Jones]
Ric Bucher and Chris Broussard debate whether the Orlando Magic should try to trade Vince Carter for Gilbert Arenas.
[ESPN Insider] — here’s an excerpt:
Broussard: “I have to admit that I like that idea — except for one thing: Arenas’ health. If I’m Otis Smith I want to wait until I see Arenas play for a month or two before I pull the trigger.”
Bucher: “Would you like some syrup with that waffle? Every trade is a risk. Unless you can suggest someone else they can and should go get, Arenas is not just a possibility, he’s a necessity.”
It goes on from there with Broussard saying that, “Arenas looks like a troubled, over-the-hill time bomb,” with the disclaimer: “AT THIS MOMENT.”
Mike Prada takes a look at some advanced preseason numbers for the Wiz.
Check out the best of the Wizards’ preseason photos.
Also, the first episode of Wizards Magazine recently came out … go watch it.
John Wall Preseason Highlights.
- The Superofficial TAI Staff Wizards Playoff Forecast (and Season Look-Back)
- D.C. Council 82: Wizards 118 at Celtics 102: What Securing Seed 5 in Game 82 Looks Like
- Wizards Take 5-Seed in East, Sam Cassell on Wall and Beal: ‘These My Guards’
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash
- D.C. Council Game 80: Wizards 104 vs. Bucks 91: Wiz Go Big Buck Hunting in Second Half
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 79
- D.C. Council 79: Wizards 96 at Magic 86: Wiz Find Enough Elixir to End Sluggish Spell
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’