From The Other Side: Stan Van Gundy Responds To Phil Jackson (Again)
This is a Washington Wizards blog, and even though we have a segment entitled, “From The Other Side”, where we grab comments and interviews from the opposing locker room, we still try to make sure most of our content is Wizards-related.
However, there are instances when I get an audio or video clip that is too good to pass up regardless of whether it has anything to do with the Wizards or not. Tonight happens to be one of those instances.
Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson and Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy have been engaged in a war of words during this Thanksgiving week. First, Jackson hinted that if that Miami Heat continued to struggle a “Van Gundy situation” could emerge and current coach Erik Spoelstra could be fired. Van Gundy shot right back by saying Jackson was “inappropriate and ignorant” about what really happened in Miami.
After a morning shootaround in Utah yesterday, Jackson offered up a bit of an apology:
“It was an off-handed remark about if things continue to go poorly for Miami, what might happen. But, obviously Stan felt that he had to say something. Unfortunately he got defensive about it. I didn’t mean to do that. I should apologize because I do know about his situation. Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving. I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out after retiring and being with his family. But, that’s his decision and fine.”
- DC Council Game 23: Wizards 83 at Magic 90: An Outcome Much Further From The Truth
- 17 Games With Cartier Martin In A Lockout-Shortened Season: Martin Shoulda Been Startin'
- DC Council Game 58: Wizards 93 vs Magic 85: With Superman Out, Kevin Seraphin Dons A Cape
- The Villain of Washington Fans: Not Andray Blatche, Not LeBron James
Recent TAI Posts
- D.C. Council Game 20: Wizards 74 vs Nuggets 75: Golden Chances Up in Hookah Smoke December 10, 2013
- Gortat on Getting Punked, Rebounding Like a Guard, and That Play With Ariza December 10, 2013
- Wizards vs Nuggets: the Game 20 Story via Twitter December 9, 2013
- Randy Wittman on Jordan Crawford, Eastern Conference Player of the Week December 9, 2013
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Dec. 2 to 8 (Debuts, Injuries & Pink Elephants) December 9, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 20 December 9, 2013
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500 December 8, 2013
- Wizards vs Bucks: the Game 19 Story via Twitter December 6, 2013
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!) December 6, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 19 December 6, 2013
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim December 6, 2013
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall) December 5, 2013
- Randy Wittman on ‘Analytical B.S.’ December 5, 2013