From The Other Side: Stan Van Gundy Responds To Phil Jackson (Again)
This is a Washington Wizards blog, and even though we have a segment entitled, “From The Other Side”, where we grab comments and interviews from the opposing locker room, we still try to make sure most of our content is Wizards-related.
However, there are instances when I get an audio or video clip that is too good to pass up regardless of whether it has anything to do with the Wizards or not. Tonight happens to be one of those instances.
Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson and Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy have been engaged in a war of words during this Thanksgiving week. First, Jackson hinted that if that Miami Heat continued to struggle a “Van Gundy situation” could emerge and current coach Erik Spoelstra could be fired. Van Gundy shot right back by saying Jackson was “inappropriate and ignorant” about what really happened in Miami.
After a morning shootaround in Utah yesterday, Jackson offered up a bit of an apology:
“It was an off-handed remark about if things continue to go poorly for Miami, what might happen. But, obviously Stan felt that he had to say something. Unfortunately he got defensive about it. I didn’t mean to do that. I should apologize because I do know about his situation. Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving. I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out after retiring and being with his family. But, that’s his decision and fine.”
- D.C. Council Game 9: Wizards vs Magic — Depth Subdues Drama for Seventh Win
- Key Legislature: Wizards 98 vs Magic 93 — Bench Provides Tinder for Humphries’ Date Night Spark
- Key Legislature: Wizards 107 vs Pistons 103 — Wall Opens Seams in Pistons Product
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Pistons, Game 8
The Analytics Report
All Recent Posts
- Key Legislature: Wizards 110 vs Hornets 107 — Double Efforttime March 28, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Hornets, Game 73 March 27, 2015
- DC Council 72: Wizards vs Pacers — Another Tragic Meltdown March 27, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Pacers 103 — Washington’s Normalized Narrative March 26, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Pacers, Game 72 March 25, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 76 at Warriors 107 — All These Metrics Point to Dysfunction March 25, 2015
- DC Council 71: Wizards at Warriors — What Horror, That Third Quarter March 24, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Warriors, Game 71 March 23, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 86 at Kings 109 — Randy Wittman’s Math Doesn’t Add Up March 23, 2015
- DC Council 70: Wizards at Kings — Embarrassed in Sactown March 23, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Kings, Game 70 March 22, 2015
Deep B-Ball Philosophy