From The Other Side: Stan Van Gundy Responds To Phil Jackson (Again)
This is a Washington Wizards blog, and even though we have a segment entitled, “From The Other Side”, where we grab comments and interviews from the opposing locker room, we still try to make sure most of our content is Wizards-related.
However, there are instances when I get an audio or video clip that is too good to pass up regardless of whether it has anything to do with the Wizards or not. Tonight happens to be one of those instances.
Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson and Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy have been engaged in a war of words during this Thanksgiving week. First, Jackson hinted that if that Miami Heat continued to struggle a “Van Gundy situation” could emerge and current coach Erik Spoelstra could be fired. Van Gundy shot right back by saying Jackson was “inappropriate and ignorant” about what really happened in Miami.
After a morning shootaround in Utah yesterday, Jackson offered up a bit of an apology:
“It was an off-handed remark about if things continue to go poorly for Miami, what might happen. But, obviously Stan felt that he had to say something. Unfortunately he got defensive about it. I didn’t mean to do that. I should apologize because I do know about his situation. Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving. I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out after retiring and being with his family. But, that’s his decision and fine.”
- Key Legislature: Wizards 98 vs Magic 93 — Bench Provides Tinder for Humphries’ Date Night Spark
- Key Legislature: Wizards 107 vs Pistons 103 — Wall Opens Seams in Pistons Product
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Pistons, Game 8
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Pistons 89, Preseason Game 4 — The Professor Gets Clinical
Deep B-Ball Philosophy
All Recent Posts
- Key Legislature: Wizards 99 vs Pistons 95 — A Ray of Light or a Last Stand March 3, 2015
- D.C. Council 60: Wizards vs Pistons — Single-Serving Salvation on a Still-Uncertain Path March 2, 2015
- D.C. Council 59: Wizards at Sixers — Things Fall Apart in Illadelph February 28, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Pistons, Game 60 February 28, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 81 at 76ers 89 — God Help Us If This Isn’t Rock Bottom February 28, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at 76ers, Game 59 February 27, 2015
- The Journey of John: Wall’s All-Star Shines Bright February 27, 2015
- D.C. Council 58: Wizards at Timberwolves — Nobody Move, Nobody Passes February 26, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 77 at Timberwolves 97 — Stood Up On Homecoming February 26, 2015
- Do You ‘Take What the Defense Gives You’? Steve Kerr Gets Deep February 26, 2015
- Wizards at Timberwolves in Tweets — Searching for a Lifeline in Zero Dark #WizardsTwitter February 25, 2015