From The Other Side: Stan Van Gundy Responds To Phil Jackson (Again)
This is a Washington Wizards blog, and even though we have a segment entitled, “From The Other Side”, where we grab comments and interviews from the opposing locker room, we still try to make sure most of our content is Wizards-related.
However, there are instances when I get an audio or video clip that is too good to pass up regardless of whether it has anything to do with the Wizards or not. Tonight happens to be one of those instances.
Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson and Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy have been engaged in a war of words during this Thanksgiving week. First, Jackson hinted that if that Miami Heat continued to struggle a “Van Gundy situation” could emerge and current coach Erik Spoelstra could be fired. Van Gundy shot right back by saying Jackson was “inappropriate and ignorant” about what really happened in Miami.
After a morning shootaround in Utah yesterday, Jackson offered up a bit of an apology:
“It was an off-handed remark about if things continue to go poorly for Miami, what might happen. But, obviously Stan felt that he had to say something. Unfortunately he got defensive about it. I didn’t mean to do that. I should apologize because I do know about his situation. Stan was going home to be with his family and that was his reason for leaving. I have no idea about the rest of it; why he came back out after retiring and being with his family. But, that’s his decision and fine.”
- Learning Fast So The Game Can Slow Down: A Q&A with Rookie Bradley Beal
- DC Council Game 35: Wizards 120 vs Magic 91: Going Streaking!
- DC Council Game 23: Wizards 83 at Magic 90: An Outcome Much Further From The Truth
- 17 Games With Cartier Martin In A Lockout-Shortened Season: Martin Shoulda Been Startin'
Recent TAI Posts
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn March 6, 2014
- Ariza, Bruh: A Chill Life From Beyond the Arc Speaks After Playing Jazz March 6, 2014
- When Steve Buckhantz Was Given a Twitter Lesson by The WizzNutzz March 6, 2014
- Wizards vs Jazz: the Game 61 Story via Twitter: #WizVets Get Band Back Together March 6, 2014
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It March 5, 2014
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Jazz, Game 61 March 5, 2014
- Otto Porter’s Magical Night: A Tale of Readiness March 4, 2014
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics March 4, 2014