Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
All Recent Posts
- Wall, Beal and Gortat Paying the Price for Washington’s Bad Bench January 5, 2017
- Wizards Get Texas Two-Stepped to Start 2017 January 4, 2017
- Wizards Undone by Old Friends in Houston January 3, 2017
- The Wizards Fly In and Out of Comfort Zone in Houston January 3, 2017
- From the Other Side: Throwing Bullets and Finishing at the Rim January 2, 2017
- Wizards Over Nets — A Return to .500 in Blowout Fashion December 31, 2016
- How the New NBA All-Star Voting Rules May Save John Wall December 29, 2016
- Man Down, Fans Up — Wizards Extend Home Winning Streak to 7 December 29, 2016
- From The Other Side: Indiana Pacers Face An Existential Crisis in MidWestworld December 29, 2016
- Opening Statements 31: Wizards vs Pacers — 2 Lumps of Coal and 2 Gifts December 28, 2016
- How Do You Stop Giannis Antetokounmpo? Just Ask Him December 28, 2016
- Wizards Remarkable Enough in 4th Quarter Comeback Over Bucks December 28, 2016
- From The Other Side: Otto Dangerfield Sinks the Bucks December 27, 2016