Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
All Recent Posts
- Unpacking the 2016-17 Wizards Schedule — Hitting the Road and Staying Fresh August 17, 2016
- Here’s the Thing About the Wizards’ Offseason: It Could Have Been Worse August 12, 2016
- The 2016-17 Wizards Schedule Is Out — Here’s What You Need To Know August 11, 2016
- Vegas is Not Aaron White’s Kind of Town July 16, 2016
- Summer League Day 5 — Crazy Kelly, Clutch Eddie, Trevor Booker, and a Bullets Cameo July 13, 2016
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 3 — Eddie Stole The Ball! Eddie Stole The Ball! July 13, 2016
- From Wizard to King: Garrett Temple Talks Free Agency and His Former Team July 12, 2016
- Dispatch From Vegas: Jared Dudley Offers Post-Mortem on Underwhelming Season July 11, 2016
- John Wall Talks Shop at Summer League July 11, 2016
- Summer League Day 3 — In Which the Wiz Kids Get Lost in Transition (Defense) July 11, 2016
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 2 — Death by 3-Pointer July 10, 2016
- Live from Las Vegas: NBA Summer League Day 2 July 10, 2016
- Wave Papi into the Summer: Kelly Oubre Jr. Opens in Vegas July 10, 2016