Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
- Happy NBA Draft Day from Gilbert Arenas & His Truckload of Fireworks! (Photoshop)
- Escape to L.A.: Ex-Wizards Arenas, Young and Crittenton are Coolin’ and Hoopin’
- Ernie Grunfeld: Offensive for Over a Decade, How’d He Get So Defensive? (Pt. 2)
- How to Alienate Players and Lose a Lot of Games: The Washington Wizards Way
Recent TAI Posts
- Wizards vs Bucks: the Game 19 Story via Twitter December 6, 2013
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!) December 6, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bucks, Game 19 December 6, 2013
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim December 6, 2013
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall) December 5, 2013
- Randy Wittman on ‘Analytical B.S.’ December 5, 2013
- Top 5 Things Wizards Are Good at Doing December 5, 2013
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat December 4, 2013
- Poll Dance Tuesday: Long Live #WittmanFace? December 3, 2013
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire December 3, 2013
- Wizards vs Magic: the Game 18 Story via Twitter (The Simple Joys of .500 Basketball) December 2, 2013
- Not Really an Otto Porter UPDATE: He Shoots Basketballs (Video) December 2, 2013
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Magic, Game 18 December 2, 2013