Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
The Analytics Report
All Recent Posts
- 2014-15 Wizards: Save the Eulogy for the Funeral March 31, 2015
- Synergy Tells All Regarding the Wizards Offense, Or Lack Thereof March 31, 2015
- DC Council 74: Wizards vs Rockets — An Undelightful Afternoon March 30, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Rockets 99 — Sunday Numbday March 29, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Rockets, Game 74 March 29, 2015
- DC Council 73: Wizards vs Hornets — Remarkable Reversal of Fortunes March 29, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 110 vs Hornets 107 — Double Efforttime March 28, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Hornets, Game 73 March 27, 2015
- DC Council 72: Wizards vs Pacers — Another Tragic Meltdown March 27, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Pacers 103 — Washington’s Normalized Narrative March 26, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Pacers, Game 72 March 25, 2015
Deep B-Ball Philosophy