Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
All Recent Posts
- DC Council Round 1, Game 3: Wizards vs. Raptors — The Odd Couple Has Arrived April 25, 2015
- Truth Hurts: That’s Why They Brought Him Here April 25, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 3 — A Victor’s Pursuit of History April 24, 2015
- Field Study: A History of Paul Pierce at the 4 April 24, 2015
- DC Council Round 1, Game 2: Wizards at Raptors — Wall and Beal Make Light Work of Weighty Win April 22, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 117 at Raptors 106 — The Night the Lights Went Out on Maple Leaf Square April 22, 2015
- Youth Will Be Served: Wall, Beal and Porter Claim The North April 21, 2015
- Opening Statements: Rd. 1, Gm. 2 — Raptors Are For The Birds April 21, 2015
- DC Council Round 1, Game 1: Wizards at Raptors — The Year’s Best Dinosaur BBQ April 19, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 93 at Raptors 86 — Paul Pierce Found “It” April 19, 2015
- The Truth Was About It: Washington Defeats Toronto 93-86 in Overtime April 18, 2015
Exercise in Frivolity
The Analytics Report
Deep B-Ball Philosophy