Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
All Recent Posts
- Gortat on the Season, the Offseason, and Driving Taxis — Dispatches from Poland April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 at Clippers 114 — California Dreaming of Fat Ladies Singing April 5, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 at Suns 99 — Making Good on Meaningless Promises April 3, 2016
- Just Good Enough to Score More Points — Wizards at Suns, DC Council 76 April 2, 2016
- Season’s End by Best Friend — Wizards at Kings, DC Council 75 March 31, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Kings 120 — Season All But Put to Bed at Sleep Train Arena March 31, 2016
- Optical Illusion in Oracle — Wizards at Warriors, DC Council 74 March 30, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 94 at Warriors 102 — Fighting Uphill Without Bullets March 30, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Warriors, Game 74 March 29, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 at Lakers 88 — Wall Shows Shades of Showtime March 29, 2016
- Easy Like Sunday Evening in Kobe’s Twilight— Wizards at Lakers, DC Council 73 March 28, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Lakers, Game 73 March 27, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 129 vs Timberwolves 132 — Devastation on Fun Street March 27, 2016
- Don’t Test or Cross the Basketball Gods — Wizards vs Timberwolves, DC Council 72 March 26, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Timberwolves, Game 72 March 25, 2016
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Hawks 122 — Dennis Schröder with the Roughneck Business March 24, 2016
- Shredded by Schröder — Wizards vs Hawks, DC Council 71 March 24, 2016
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Hawks, Game 71 March 23, 2016
- From The Other Side: Catching Up With Kevin Seraphin March 23, 2016
- Big Panda Brings the Chill to Hotlanta — Wizards at Hawks, DC Council 70 March 22, 2016