Poll: Should The Starting Lineup Change When Arenas is Healthy?
The Washington Redskins aren’t the only team in D.C. that may be on the brink of a lineup change (Hi Donovan and Rex!). Any day now (possibly tomorrow, but that seems unlikely at this point), Gilbert Arenas will recover from a strained tendon in his ankle and will make his 2010-2011 regular season debut. That may be good news for Wizards fans, and great news for John Wall’s game, but it puts Coach Flip Saunders in quite the quandary.
Does he revert back to the three-guard lineup that creates match-up problems for the defense, but likely causing problems in the much maligned rebounding department? Does he keep Arenas on the bench until he has his legs and his game back? Does Flip bench Kirk Hinrich and Al Thornton and start the Arenas/Young combination since they seem to look out for one another? Should Yi be given the chance to start since McGee seems to be struggling (when not blocking shots and dunking on Josh Smith)?
The possibilities are endless, and with the Wizards sitting at 0-2, it’s not like Flip will be disrupting some sacred chemistry by shaking things up a bit. Wall should start, and Blatche, despite his passiveness in the first two games, represents the best low-post threat the Wizards have. Everyone else is subject to be replacement.
So what do you think? Should the starting lineup change when Arenas is healthy?
- Key Legislature: Wizards 98 vs Magic 93 — Bench Provides Tinder for Humphries’ Date Night Spark
- This Gilbert Arenas Post Will Self-Destruct in Five Seconds
- Gilbert Arenas’ 2005 Shot Was Cool, But These Wizards Created Some New Highlights
- Thanks For the Empty Pixels: Putting the 2004-10 Wizards in Your Rearview Mirror
Hard Cap Life
All Recent Posts
- The New NBA Schedule Totally Disrespects the Wizards August 13, 2015
- First Look at the 2015-16 Washington Wizards Schedule August 12, 2015
- 11 Observations from Vegas Summer League Plus Daryl Morey Playing Ping-Pong July 18, 2015
- Dispatch From Vegas Summer League — A Conversation With Oleksiy Pecherov July 17, 2015
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 5 — Pecked by the Birds July 17, 2015
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 4 – Wire-to-Wire Wizardry July 16, 2015
- Day 6: Sights and Sounds of Vegas Summer League — The Rookies, Wall, and Grunfeld July 16, 2015
- Day 5: Sights and Sounds of Vegas Summer League — Jordan Crawford Edition July 15, 2015
- REAX: Wizards Summer League Game 3 — Wizards Make Matinée Magic; No Steelo Show in Vegas July 14, 2015
- The Wizards Are Hard Capped — What Now? July 14, 2015
Letters from Poland