Wizards Pre-Game In The Mecca of Basketball Ft. Knicks City Dancers & Blatche v. Cassell
From FreeDarko’s Undisputed Guide To Pro Basketball History:
“Madison Square Garden, the game’s most hallowed arena, is the Mecca of Basketball. But this nickname had little to do with devotion to the sport; it was borrowed from the Shriners’ Mecca Temple, a venue that hosted boxing and wrestling matches in the ’20s and ’30s.”
Don’t forget to go buy that book, here’s a reminder why.
So, what happens when some of the Wizards’ big men go through their pre-game warm-up routine while some of the Knicks City Dancers do the same, on the same court? Or when Andray Blatche keeps loose with a game of one-on-one with Sam Cassell?
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 6: Wizards Get Bugged — By Injury and Hornets
- Coming in 2015: The Marcin Gortat Action Figure
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Maccabi Haifa 95, Preseason Gm 5 — Seraphin, Silas & Yung Simba Shine
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 4: Seraphin Game-Winner Just Another Day in #KSLife
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Pistons 89, Preseason Game 4 — The Professor Gets Clinical
- D.C. Council Preseason Game 1: Wizards-Bulls Tensions Renewed with Old-New Blood Pierce
- Full Court Press: Wizards Training Camp Questions Part 2
- Kris Humphries, Fancy Stats, and Why the Wizards Chose Right in Free Agency