Wizards Pre-Game In The Mecca of Basketball Ft. Knicks City Dancers & Blatche v. Cassell
From FreeDarko’s Undisputed Guide To Pro Basketball History:
“Madison Square Garden, the game’s most hallowed arena, is the Mecca of Basketball. But this nickname had little to do with devotion to the sport; it was borrowed from the Shriners’ Mecca Temple, a venue that hosted boxing and wrestling matches in the ’20s and ’30s.”
Don’t forget to go buy that book, here’s a reminder why.
So, what happens when some of the Wizards’ big men go through their pre-game warm-up routine while some of the Knicks City Dancers do the same, on the same court? Or when Andray Blatche keeps loose with a game of one-on-one with Sam Cassell?
- Kris Humphries, Fancy Stats, and Why the Wizards Chose Right in Free Agency
- 3-on-3: Wall and Beal Cut from Team USA, Cassell’s Depature, and Continued #KSlife
- Drew Gooden for Team Finland at the FIBA World Cup? Plus Other Wizards and Ex-Wizards
- Sam Cassell Leaves Washington for LA Clippers, Will Be Missed by Wizards
- Kevin Seraphin: Will Remain A Wizard, Will Sit Out FIBA World Cup Due to Knee Surgery
- Las Vegas Council: Wizards Lose to Kings in Semifinals, Leave Summer League 5-1
- Las Vegas Council: Rice & Porter Spur Wizards to Classic Summer League Victory in Triple-OT
- Las Vegas Council: Wizards Escape Heat, Move to 3-0 in Summer League