Wizards Pre-Game In The Mecca of Basketball Ft. Knicks City Dancers & Blatche v. Cassell
From FreeDarko’s Undisputed Guide To Pro Basketball History:
“Madison Square Garden, the game’s most hallowed arena, is the Mecca of Basketball. But this nickname had little to do with devotion to the sport; it was borrowed from the Shriners’ Mecca Temple, a venue that hosted boxing and wrestling matches in the ’20s and ’30s.”
Don’t forget to go buy that book, here’s a reminder why.
So, what happens when some of the Wizards’ big men go through their pre-game warm-up routine while some of the Knicks City Dancers do the same, on the same court? Or when Andray Blatche keeps loose with a game of one-on-one with Sam Cassell?
- DC Council Round 2, Game 6: Wizards vs Hawks — The Traumatic End, Nothing Lasts Forever
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Hawks 94 — A Piercing Shot To The Heart
- Key Legislature: Wizards 101 vs Hawks 106 — Beal and Pierce Almost Match Atlanta’s Best Shot
- Key Legislature: Wizards 90 at Hawks 106 — Wizards Call and Raise Hawks’ Internal Victory
- DC Council Round 2, Game 2: Wizards at Hawks — The War Is Not Lost
- Key Legislature: Wizards 104 at Hawks 98 — Wall Too Cool for Crunchtime Pressure
- DC Council Round 2, Game 1: Wizards at Hawks — D.C. Counterpunch Drops Atlanta
- Key Legislature: Wizards 125 vs Raptors 94 — D.C. Extinction Event Ends Toronto’s Season