Wizards Pre-Game In The Mecca of Basketball Ft. Knicks City Dancers & Blatche v. Cassell
From FreeDarko’s Undisputed Guide To Pro Basketball History:
“Madison Square Garden, the game’s most hallowed arena, is the Mecca of Basketball. But this nickname had little to do with devotion to the sport; it was borrowed from the Shriners’ Mecca Temple, a venue that hosted boxing and wrestling matches in the ’20s and ’30s.”
Don’t forget to go buy that book, here’s a reminder why.
So, what happens when some of the Wizards’ big men go through their pre-game warm-up routine while some of the Knicks City Dancers do the same, on the same court? Or when Andray Blatche keeps loose with a game of one-on-one with Sam Cassell?
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- Not Really an Otto Porter UPDATE: He Shoots Basketballs (Video)
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
- D.C. Council Game 16: Wizards 73 at Pacers 93: John Wall Brought to a Screeching Halt
- D.C. Council Game 15: Wizards 100 at Bucks 92: Martell and Marcin Hold the Mayo
- D.C. Council Game 12: Wizards 88 at Raptors 96: Bench Robbed
- D.C. Council Game 11: Wizards 98 vs Cavaliers 91: In Which the Landslide Stopped Just Short
- D.C. Council Game 10: Wizards 104 vs Timberwolves 100: Underdogs Bite Back