A Feel-Good Win In A Post-Trade Environment: Wizards 108-Bobcats 75
What do we really know after the Wizards’ 108-75 blowout of the Charlotte Bobcats last night?
1) Charlotte is terrible. Yes, they were without Gerald Wallace. And yes, they are still terrible … with no pieces for the future to speak of. None.
2) There’s been a sort of eye-opening moment of clarity after Arenas’ departure. Who knows how long it will last or how much of an effect it will actually have, but for now, the team has been able to re-focus with the ghosts of Agent Zero past and swirling rumors no longer hovering. Not like there can’t be more trades, but none of them will be a “thing” like the Arenas “thing.” — And I think most of these guys realize who Arenas was, how long he was in D.C., and understand, via the “business” of NBA, what such a dramatic move can mean to a franchise … even if they don’t truly understand.
3) Winning always feels good … well, almost always. I mean, the Heat didn’t seem too happy after beating the Wizards last Saturday. I wasn’t in the locker room, TAI’s John Townsend was — you can find the video mix here — but guys like Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Chris Bosh pretty much seemed like dicks. So, let me amend to say that winning on a losing team always feels good (as a player).
In the video below, several Wizards — Kirk Hinrich, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, Hilton Armstrong and Josh Howard — discuss the post-Arenas trade environment on the team … and of course, how good it feels to get a win.
Enjoy it gang, because the Central Division leading Chicago Bulls, winners of seven of their last 10 games and owners of the third best record in the Eastern Conference, come to Washington on Wednesday.
- Drew Gooden for Team Finland at the FIBA World Cup? Plus Other Wizards and Ex-Wizards
- This Gilbert Arenas Post Will Self-Destruct in Five Seconds
- Gilbert Arenas’ 2005 Shot Was Cool, But These Wizards Created Some New Highlights
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- So Over, So Far To Go: Why the Wizards Won’t Screw This Up
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 3–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 2: Wizards 101 at Bulls 99: Bulls Beal with Playoff Gutpunch
- Everything Was Great About Hinrich’s Missed Free Throw & His Skirmish with Bradley Beal