From The Other Side: When They Reminisce Over You, Lester Hudson
As Kyle Weidie wrote yesterday, Lester Hudson has returned to D.C. from the South for his second tour of duty with the Washington Wizards. The injury of John Wall and the trade of Gilbert Arenas meant there was a void at the point guard position, and Hudson was a safe, logical choice. He was with the team from the Las Vegas Summer League in July all the way up until November 22nd, when he was cut in favor of Alonzo Gee.
Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was also a member of the Washington Wizards as an assistant coach in 2007, albeit briefly, if you can even call it that. It was announced by the team, but never official. Thibodeau agreed to be an assistant coach in charge of defense under then-head coach Eddie Jordan, then a few days later he stepped down and ended up with the Boston Celtics, where he was a part of their 2007-08 championship team. Allegedly, Thibodeau was under the impression that he would be lead assistant coach under Eddie Jordan, and when it became apparent that he would not be, he bailed.
Through the first six months of the 2009-2010 season, Hudson and Thibodeau saw each other just about every day, as the Celtics drafted Hudson in the second round of the 2009 draft. With them, he appeared in just 16 games, averaging 1.4 points in 4.4 minutes per contest. Still, as an assistant coach, Thibodeau got a chance to watch Hudson practice and battle Rajon Rondo on a daily basis, and apparently Hudson made quite the impression.
Here were Thibodeau’s thoughts on Hudson before last night’s game:
Five minutes later, I ventured over to the Wizards locker room, and Lester Hudson returned the favor:
Now, it would make sense for you to listen to his:
Recent TAI Posts
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Celtics, Game 82 April 16, 2014
- Trevor Ariza is Money Trees, the Interview April 16, 2014
- D.C. Council 81: Wizards 114 vs Heat 93: Wiz Toss Miami Laundry Into Cold Wash April 15, 2014
- Wizards vs Heat: Game 81 Twitter Storify: Wiz Step Up Against LeBron’s Backup Dancers April 15, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Heat, Game 81 April 14, 2014
- The Reemergence of Trevor Booker April 14, 2014
- The Nene Effect: A Mytho-Historic Spiritual Perspective April 14, 2014
- POLL: Are You Even Excited That The Wizards Are In The Playoffs? April 14, 2014