From The Other Side: When They Reminisce Over You, Lester Hudson
As Kyle Weidie wrote yesterday, Lester Hudson has returned to D.C. from the South for his second tour of duty with the Washington Wizards. The injury of John Wall and the trade of Gilbert Arenas meant there was a void at the point guard position, and Hudson was a safe, logical choice. He was with the team from the Las Vegas Summer League in July all the way up until November 22nd, when he was cut in favor of Alonzo Gee.
Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was also a member of the Washington Wizards as an assistant coach in 2007, albeit briefly, if you can even call it that. It was announced by the team, but never official. Thibodeau agreed to be an assistant coach in charge of defense under then-head coach Eddie Jordan, then a few days later he stepped down and ended up with the Boston Celtics, where he was a part of their 2007-08 championship team. Allegedly, Thibodeau was under the impression that he would be lead assistant coach under Eddie Jordan, and when it became apparent that he would not be, he bailed.
Through the first six months of the 2009-2010 season, Hudson and Thibodeau saw each other just about every day, as the Celtics drafted Hudson in the second round of the 2009 draft. With them, he appeared in just 16 games, averaging 1.4 points in 4.4 minutes per contest. Still, as an assistant coach, Thibodeau got a chance to watch Hudson practice and battle Rajon Rondo on a daily basis, and apparently Hudson made quite the impression.
Here were Thibodeau’s thoughts on Hudson before last night’s game:
Five minutes later, I ventured over to the Wizards locker room, and Lester Hudson returned the favor:
Now, it would make sense for you to listen to his:
- Barkley Hates the Wizards’ Name. Do You? Our Take and Your Votes. [Poll]
- Key Legislature: Wizards 85 at Bulls 81, Preseason Game 1 — Pierce Pops Off
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 4: Wizards 98 vs Bulls 89: 14-0 Start Takes Wind Out of Chicago
- From The Other Side: Butler and Dunleavy Step Up (and Noah Reflects)
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 3–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Bulls, Playoff Game 2–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Bulls, Playoff Game 1–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
Better Know a Wizards Fan:
Redskins Man Edition (aka ‘Pump it Up’ Man).
All Recent Posts
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Suns, Game 26 December 21, 2014
- Key Legislature: Washington 105 vs Miami 103 – Heat Stay Hot but Wizards Too Cool December 20, 2014
- Wizards at Heat in 80 Tweets — Wall and Nene Stay Cool in Miami December 20, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Heat, Game 25 December 19, 2014
- Marcin Gortat on the Gortat Brand and 100 Ideas Per Hour December 19, 2014
- Better Know a Wizards Fan: Redskins Man Edition (aka ‘Pump it Up’ Man) December 18, 2014
- Key Legislature: Wizards 109 vs Timberwolves 95 — Game Changer Goes Dog Whisperer December 17, 2014
- DC Council 24: Wizards vs Timberwolves — Flip Saunders Back On Subway Diet December 17, 2014
- Flip Saunders on Building John Wall and Cleaning Gutters December 17, 2014
- Wizards vs Timberwolves in 70 Tweets — Wall and Rasual Flip Switch on Timberpups December 17, 2014
- Flip Saunders Name-Drops JaVale McGee, Pierre Responds on Twitter (VIDEO) December 17, 2014
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Timberwolves, Game 24 December 16, 2014