From The Other Side: When They Reminisce Over You, Lester Hudson
As Kyle Weidie wrote yesterday, Lester Hudson has returned to D.C. from the South for his second tour of duty with the Washington Wizards. The injury of John Wall and the trade of Gilbert Arenas meant there was a void at the point guard position, and Hudson was a safe, logical choice. He was with the team from the Las Vegas Summer League in July all the way up until November 22nd, when he was cut in favor of Alonzo Gee.
Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was also a member of the Washington Wizards as an assistant coach in 2007, albeit briefly, if you can even call it that. It was announced by the team, but never official. Thibodeau agreed to be an assistant coach in charge of defense under then-head coach Eddie Jordan, then a few days later he stepped down and ended up with the Boston Celtics, where he was a part of their 2007-08 championship team. Allegedly, Thibodeau was under the impression that he would be lead assistant coach under Eddie Jordan, and when it became apparent that he would not be, he bailed.
Through the first six months of the 2009-2010 season, Hudson and Thibodeau saw each other just about every day, as the Celtics drafted Hudson in the second round of the 2009 draft. With them, he appeared in just 16 games, averaging 1.4 points in 4.4 minutes per contest. Still, as an assistant coach, Thibodeau got a chance to watch Hudson practice and battle Rajon Rondo on a daily basis, and apparently Hudson made quite the impression.
Here were Thibodeau’s thoughts on Hudson before last night’s game:
Five minutes later, I ventured over to the Wizards locker room, and Lester Hudson returned the favor:
Now, it would make sense for you to listen to his:
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 4: Wizards 98 vs Bulls 89: 14-0 Start Takes Wind Out of Chicago
- From The Other Side: Butler and Dunleavy Step Up (and Noah Reflects)
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 3–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
D.C. Trying to Sing in Key
All Recent Posts
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Raptors, Game 14 November 28, 2015
- Boston’s 3 Party Bags Wittman & Co. — Wizards at Celtics, DC Council 13 November 28, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 78 at Celtics 111 — Boston Waves at Wizards in Passing November 28, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Celtics, Game 13 November 27, 2015
- The Night That Brazil Imploded — Wizards at Hornets, DC Council 12 November 27, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 87 at Hornets 101 — Fourth Quarter Buzzkill in Charlotte November 26, 2015
- Opening Statements: Wizards at Hornets, Game 12 November 25, 2015
- Key Legislature: Wizards 106 vs Pacers 123 — Script It, Grip It and Rip It November 25, 2015
- By George, Paul and CJ Shoot for Miles — Wizards vs Pacers, DC Council 11 November 25, 2015
- How Much Does Frank Vogel Look at Lineup Data? ‘A Lot’ November 24, 2015
Talking About Practice