MIP or Dunk Contest? Nick Young Answers
Marcin Gortat’s head is pretty stoic for the position that it’s in.
This was one of those weird times when some huge official arena flash went off while I was taking a picture … came out kind of cool though.
Before getting weirdly entertained by a white man from Iowa wearing Oakleys, in a January 20 chat on ESPN.com, John Hollinger wrote about Nick Young, when not even specifically asked about Young:
“But Nick Young is making a real case for MIP votes. And I find it weirdly entertaining to watch Kirk Hinrich constantly fiddle with his glasses.”
Upon finding out that teammate JaVale McGee was going to participate in the 2011 NBA dunk contest, which, as I understand, was accomplished by McGee getting many different people on several fronts, team included, to campaign for his participation, Nick Young jokingly expressed that he was, “”a little hurt, little jealous” — relayed via Twitter by the Washington Examiner’s Craig Stouffer on January 7. Nick, forever amorous toward dunking himself, has always fancied himself a contest participant. And now that this year’s NBA All-Star Weekend is in his hometown of Los Angeles … extra ouch.
MIP or Dunk Contest? If Nick could only choose one to have on the resume over his entire career, which one would it be? And speaking of this year’s contest in LA, will Nick at least find a way to be on the floor helping McGee out? Young discusses all in the video below.
For good measure, Nick doing work against the Celtics.
And in the category of most improved SUV backer-upper of the year? Young can only go up from here.
- VIDEO: Sam Cassell, Otto Porter & Glen Rice Speak on Paul Pierce and Game 2 in Vegas
- Moving Pixels: A Peek Into Wizards Pre-NBA Draft Workouts 2014
- The Wizards Said WHAT? Ball Pressure, Pace, Wall’s Js, and Playing Desperate (VIDEO)
- Gilbert Arenas’ 2005 Shot Was Cool, But These Wizards Created Some New Highlights
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? Nene Said Sorry to the Haters
- Playoff #WittmanFace: ‘If you’re not nervous before a game, there’s something wrong with you’
- Thanks For the Empty Pixels: Putting the 2004-10 Wizards in Your Rearview Mirror
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’