POLL: Who Is Kirk Hinrich?
We may never know who Kirk Hinrich really is … at least personality-wise. Maybe that can mostly be summed up with three concepts: Basketball, Iowa, Coach’s Son. His game is beyond vanilla, but it isn’t flashy either. He is Kirk Hinrich … under the radar, yet completely noticeable.
Kirk is even more noticeable now that he plays with glasses. They now encapsulate his ‘flair’ … as much as a pair of Oakley spectacles can I suppose. But who is he? (In those glasses.)
On a recent ESPN Daily Dime chat session, friend of the blog and a proprietor of HoopSpeak, Beckley Mason, likened Hinrich’s glasses look to that of a character in the movie, Team America: World Police.
I can see it … and yes, I do wish Hinrich’s shades had a yellow tint to them. Him smoking a cigarette during the Wizards’ wacky new pre-game routine instead of participating would be a blogger’s dream bonus. (And yes, Hinrich probably has good reason to appear to not like a routine that involves players throwing their teammates (the game’s starters) out of a huddle before games … folks can get hurt that way.)
My first thought regarding Hinrich’s glasses went back to NBA big man, journeyman, Danny Schayes … who didn’t wear glasses his entire career either. Here are a couple pictures of Danny via the Internet.
Pretty distinguished company, in the least.
So who is Kirk Hinrich? Let us know in the poll below.
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- So Over, So Far To Go: Why the Wizards Won’t Screw This Up
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 3–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 2: Wizards 101 at Bulls 99: Bulls Beal with Playoff Gutpunch
- Everything Was Great About Hinrich’s Missed Free Throw & His Skirmish with Bradley Beal
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 1: Wizards 102 at Bulls 93: Wiz Jab First, Steal Home Bullring Advantage
- D.C. Council Game 38: Wizards 96 vs Bulls 93: Ringmaster Wall Leads the D, Hits Circus Shot
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Game 38