Wizards vs. Suns: Aggressor & Regressor
From the Wizards’ perspective, you’ll hear sentiment such as, “We just turned into our old selves in the third quarter,” courtesy of Andray Blatche in the quote mix video above. He also said that too many players were trying to put things on their own shoulders and that there were no Kobe Bryants or Dwyane Wades in the locker room.
Regarding the offense, Rashard Lewis said in the first quarter the Wizards moved the ball side to side, but later in the game, they often utilized only half of the baseline to halfcourt plane.
John Wall cited lack of heart and fight … hero ball.
Nick Young said that they have to find ways to get people open, saying Grant Hill was talking to him during the game, telling him that the Suns were reading every play the Wizards called.
JaVale McGee walked out of the training room with just compression shorts and headphones on after the game, jamming to some tunes and asking a member of the media he knew for a box score.
With so much attention being paid to what the Wizards did or didn’t do, give credit to what the Suns did do. They realized that they had slept through the first quarter and came out in attack mode. After the Wizards out-scored the Suns in the paint 18-8 in the first, Phoenix took a 38-18 advantage down low for the other three quarters, ultimately winning the game 109-91. Maybe one day Washington will do to other teams what the Suns did to team, but they have to care a lot more first.
Below are a couple photos demonstrating the will of the Phoenix Suns against the lowly Wizards.
There’s the 38-year old Grant Hill sizing up and taking the 25-year old Nick Young to the hoop after Andray Blatche missed a jump shot on the other end.
And of course, two-time MVP Steve Nash.
Lot of guys watching Nash on this play.
And where would we be without a Goran Dragic wrap-around assist to Marcin Gortat?
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at Raptors, Game 58
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore