Ode To Wizard Kirk Hinrich
Countless people, possibly from Iowa, likely a family member or a friend, probably told Kirk Hinrich, “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger,” in reference to his tenure with the Wizards. It amounted to an eight-month rental, a Nietzschian level of suffering in exchange for a better future, while the depreciation of basketball assets actually made Kirk weaker, ironically. In reality, aside from a potential second round playoff match-up, Atlanta may be no closer to the mindset of sweet home Chicago than Washington was. But in the eye of the beholder, Hinrich carriers on as if left with no other choice. This is an ode to Kirk Hinrich, mostly because he now possesses the forced knowledge of what it’s like to be a Washington Wizard…
An unwilling District arrival after a Bullish flirtation with a puppet King,
The Wizard Kirk Hinrich role-played the reluctant leader with hints of relent,
But with a bounty fit for royalty that would make anyone sing,
The counter-Beltway mentality of balancing patience through lost time and money spent.
A transfer’s exchange of stale talent for a fresh rebuild,
A temporary professor breaking basketball barriers for Walls,
A shoulder shrug compliance to it is what it is.
The unappreciated professional who comes with great skill,
Not necessarily the leader, but a Captain to all,
Don’t worry much for fair Kirk, because it’s all just part of the biz.
Quoting Kirk Hinrich…
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 5: Wizards 75 vs Bulls 69: #dcRising, #WizKids Advance
- So Over, So Far To Go: Why the Wizards Won’t Screw This Up
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Playoff Game 3–Vines & Emails From The Abyss
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 2: Wizards 101 at Bulls 99: Bulls Beal with Playoff Gutpunch
- Everything Was Great About Hinrich’s Missed Free Throw & His Skirmish with Bradley Beal
- Playoffs D.C. Council Game 1: Wizards 102 at Bulls 93: Wiz Jab First, Steal Home Bullring Advantage
- D.C. Council Game 38: Wizards 96 vs Bulls 93: Ringmaster Wall Leads the D, Hits Circus Shot
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Bulls, Game 38