Washington Wizards Make NBA Playoff Predictions
As the NBA regular season has concluded and the playoffs are now underway, sports pundits peppered the airwaves and series of tubes last week with playoffs prognostications. Storylines were plentiful abound.
Can the Los Angeles Lakers three-peat? Will the Kendrick Perkins trade prevent Boston Celtics from a championship? Do the San Antonio Spurs have another title in them? Will Lebron James finally get a ring now that he’s surrounded himself with more talent? Can the Oklahoma City Thunder or Chicago Bulls parlay their regular season accomplishments into deep playoff runs?
While the opinions of media members and fans do carry some weight (just ask them!), I thought it would be a good idea to ask the players, who actually compete against playoff the participants, what two teams they see making the NBA finals and who will win it all.
I complied the predictions of Washington Wizards John Wall, Jordan Crawford, Mo Evans, Nick Young, Kevin Seraphin, Trevor Booker, JaVale McGee, Othyus Jeffers, and Coach Flip Saunders in the video below. Watch to find out which two players chose to be coy in their responses.
Considering I selected the Wizards to win 40 games this season, my foresight credibility is on shaky ground, so I will refrain from making picks. Personally speaking, I would like to see a Thunder-Bulls finals. The Kevin Durant-Russell Westbrook versus Derrick Rose-Joakim Noah matchup would usher fresh faces to the championship stage, which could be nice for the League before it heads into a lengthy labor dispute work stoppage.
Similar to Nick Young, I am also closeted Lakers fan from the Magic Johnson Showtime era, so feel free to slander me for those rooting interests.
Courtesy of Awful Announcing, here is the NBA Playoffs television schedule with broadcast teams.
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore
- Portraits, Vignettes & Instagrams from 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend in New Orleans