Kevin Seraphin Already Bloodying Fools Up In Spain
Sometimes you hear about guys playing overseas, especially young guys, and most reports involve limited minutes and much time on the pine. Their Euro-stats are weird, you have to adjust for them. Other fast-traveled messages more recently have informed us of the struggles of economic basketball defectors Deron Williams and Ty Lawson with their respective teams in Turkey and Lithuania. Overseas ball seems more like yard work than a day at the park for some of these NBA guys.
Kevin Seraphin seems to have ignored perceived tradition in not approaching his Euro assignment with a meek demeanor, surely making Wizards brass and fans alike proud that more toughness is in the future. Seraphin’s temporary Spanish team, Caja Laboral, opened their season this weekend with a 73-60 win over Cajasol; and Seraphin is making his presence felt, bloodying fools up.
Seraphin started the game, played 30 minutes, and finished with 11 points (5-6 FGs, 1-3 FTs), oddly enough only one rebound (on the offensive end, told you the stats can be weird), to go with one assist, one steal, three fouls and three blocks. His 11 points tied with three others for second most on his team. But proof is in the pictures. In the embedded game highlight video below (linked here if that doesn’t work; H/T: Ball In Europe) you will notice:
- 0:18 - Not two minutes into the game Seraphin takes it strong to the hoop and ends up bloodying the nose of his opponent, Canadian Carl English;
- 0:27 - Big block by Seraphin, but Cajasol gets the offensive rebound put-back;
- 0:56 - Seraphin lets former Wizard and former Millionaire Match-Maker participant Paul Davis lose him with a spin move for a lob basket, which is essentially the equivalent of a teenager falling for an exaggerated head fake where nothing else moves from his 70-year old grandpa;
- 1:07 - Seraphin throwing a powerful dunk And-1 on Tomas Satoransky;
- 1:18 - A reject of Guillem Rubio and at 1:25, a block of Txemi Urtasun;
- 1:34 - Seraphin catches a lob dunk over everyone.
- 1:41 - They do that thing where they clap their hands high in the air to the crowd after a win.
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)
- D.C. Council Game 16: Wizards 73 at Pacers 93: John Wall Brought to a Screeching Halt
- D.C. Council Game 15: Wizards 100 at Bucks 92: Martell and Marcin Hold the Mayo
- D.C. Council Game 12: Wizards 88 at Raptors 96: Bench Robbed