Just Andray Blatche, Working It Out
This is just an Andray Blatche workout. Well, part of one, which took place on December 2, 2011 (as seen after Flip Saunders’ press conference). Nothing much to infer here. It is, just a glimpse…
I will say, as I wrote on Twitter, after seeing Andray for the first time in person from the top of the stairs looking down upon the Wizards practice court, where he and a gang of guys went through a contest of “Can you score?” (in two dribbles or less)… that I thought his physique looked more proportional, which is a good thing.
Saunders was asked on Friday about the likelihood of players around the league not being in shape when they show up to camp. “You’re never in the shape you need to be in,” said Saunders. “No matter how good of shape you are in, when the coach get here, you’re going to say ‘I’m about half in shape that I thought I was going to be in.’ That’s just always how it is.”
Can I say Blatche is more ready than he’s ever been? Not with complete confidence, as my historical perspective on the state of ‘pre-season’ Blatche is limited. Can I say that I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in real games against real competition? That answer would be certainly. Good thing for Wizards and NBA fans alike, the season will be here before we know it.
- VIDEO: Sam Cassell, Otto Porter & Glen Rice Speak on Paul Pierce and Game 2 in Vegas
- Moving Pixels: A Peek Into Wizards Pre-NBA Draft Workouts 2014
- The Wizards Said WHAT? Ball Pressure, Pace, Wall’s Js, and Playing Desperate (VIDEO)
- Gilbert Arenas’ 2005 Shot Was Cool, But These Wizards Created Some New Highlights
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? Nene Said Sorry to the Haters
- Playoff #WittmanFace: ‘If you’re not nervous before a game, there’s something wrong with you’
- Thanks For the Empty Pixels: Putting the 2004-10 Wizards in Your Rearview Mirror
- VIDEO: The Wizards Said WHAT? ‘We ain’t going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee’