Sounds of Flip Sounding Off After Wizards Loss To Sixers
“I was tired of looking at that sh*t.”
That was Flip Saunders’ surly response to why he yanked all five of his starters two minutes into the second half of the Washington Wizards’ 25-point blowout preseason loss to the Philadelphia 76ers last Friday night.
Saunders was highly disappointed in the effort of the first unit by their insufficient ball movement, lack of trust in one another and overall selfish play.
“This is a team game, and it is not about individuals … it is the five players that play the best together and that is your best team, not the five most talented player. If you don’t play and you’re not giving effort as a team, you are not going to play, no matter who it is.”
Flip’s remedy for self-centered play:
“I know one thing, if they are sitting down, they wont be hogging the ball.”
John Wall’s game was described as “terrible” by Flip, and he underscored that his best player has to produce.
“John can not play 25 minutes and turn the ball over six times and have two or three assists … he knows that too. You have no chance when your best player has the ball in his hands a lot, that can’t happen.”
The coach was aggravated that the hard work of training camp did not translate over to the game, especially three areas emphasized in camp: turnovers, defense and rebounding.
“Not turning the basketball over, defending, and rebounding … two of those were especially bad and one of those really bad.”
Washington’s preseason rematch versus Philadelphia will be on NBA TV Tuesday night at 7 pm, a nice stage for a young team to respond to Flip’s sounding off.
- Select Cuts from the Polish Hammer (Before He Met the ‘Biggest Hero’ of His Life: Steven Seagal)
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Wizards at 76ers, Game 59