John Wall Loses in ‘Call of Duty’ to Dwight Howard: “Ringers Got Us”
It began with Chris Miller of Comcast SportsNet Washington innocuously asking Wizards rookie Shelvin Mack what he likes to do with his teammates to relax. It ended up with team’s young superstar, John Wall, informing the media how Superman cheates at video games.
Mack boasted that he was the best gamer on the team, which Wall was later asked about, and he vehemently disagreed with the accuracy of Mack’s claims.
Wall then revealed that sometime during the lockout, he lost to Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic (for now) in ‘Call of Duty’ because Howard hired professionals. Yes, D12 brought in ringers to teach Wall a lesson, evidently resulting in repeated beat-downs.
[Note to all school kids out there reading this, especially my nephew Jacob McGinnis, becoming a video game pro is not a suggested career path ,and a NBA star employing you for this skill is highly unlikely.]
“My team got whooped in Call of Duty to Dwight’s team, but he cheated. He went and got these two guys that play Call of Duty all day long…like they don’t have a job. They got 30 kills every time. They just sit at home and play all day. They beat us bad…..they ranked in the nation. He (Howard) went and snuck, got those two on his team…Ringers got us. Every time you turned the game back on, we’re getting killed again.”
The whole exchange is a must watch.
- D.C. Council Game 19: Wizards 105 vs Bucks 109: The #SoWizards Way to Lose .500
- John Wall’s Crossover 360 Scoop Shot Charge (Plus Nate Wolters Crossover Fist Pump!)
- John Wall on the Eastern Conference and Why He’s Finishing Better At the Rim
- Another Day, Another Martell Webster Pixelbomb (featuring John Wall)
- Top 5 Things Wizards Are Good at Doing
- 50-Win Dreams and 5-Year Terms: One-Fifth of a Season with Marcin Gortat
- D.C. Council Game 18: Wizards 98 vs Magic 80: Where There’s Hookah Smoke, There’s Fire
- The Week in Wizards, the basketball ones — Nov. 25 to Dec. 1 (Wittman-isms, Video-bombs and Instagram)