When it was time for Marcin Gortat to speak to the media...
Wizards Media Day: JaVale McGee, Uncut
There are many incomprehensible facets to JaVale McGee, but the talent and seeming potential is unquestionable.
How did he make that BLOCK!??! (Or was it a steal?)
Two balls, two baskets, one dunk. Enough said.
He’s dribbling full-court again. Oh boy.
Off the court, and perhaps on, the real JaVale McGee, via his Twitter account, claims to have an alter-ego. He calls him Pierre. Sometimes Pierre speaks in the first person. McGee, last April, described Pierre on Twitter:
“Pierre is the smooth operator. @JaValeMcGee34 is the monster you’ve grown to know on the court”
And JaVale on Pierre more recently:
“He’s arrogant, conceited, all the bad things that I shouldn’t be”
McGee is also a young man to whom team owner Ted Leonsis refers, via his blog, as, “erudite and well-read and highly relevant.” Leonsis also used “erudite” when referring to McGee on media day. Makes me want to brush up on my Wordly Wise from sixth grade.
No one is quite sure which JaVale McGee spoke at media day, but here that guy is…. Uncut.
Then there was Ted Leonsis on McGee:
“I think JaVale is erudite. He’s a very, very interesting next generation player. He’s a great person. His challenge is playing within himself. So far it looks like he can do that in practice, now let’s translate that into games. But he has x-factor kind of skills too, both defensively and the way he can move on the court. So it’s up to us to bring out the best in these players. It’s not just up to them. It’s up to us to develop them, and counsel them, and coach them, and create an environment where they can excel and meet their aspirations.” -T. Leonsis
In other news, this:
Chick-fil-A was served to the media at Media Day.
- Pour Out a Little Liquor for All the Ex-Wizards, the 2013-14 NBA Season is Here
- Things About the 2013-14 Wizards Schedule That You Must Know Because It’s The Internet
- This Week’s Sign the Apocalypse is Upon Us: JaVale McGee Handed Keys to Denver Nuggets
- How to Alienate Players and Lose a Lot of Games: The Washington Wizards Way
- DC Council Game 53: Wizards 119 vs Nuggets 113: Flying Feet & Paint Toughness Run Denver Out of Town
- DC Council Opening Statements: Wizards vs Nuggets, Game 53
- DC Council Game 37: Wizards 112 at Nuggets 108: Wall's Mile-High Free Throw Redemption
- Random Wizards Over/Unders and Other Voting Props: A Season Preview