Kevin Durant on Rebuilding and Whether He’d Play in D.C.
On the Wizards’ struggles to rebuild, particularly without a second star to help John Wall:
[Wall] does (have help). He does have some guys here, you know. He has JaVale, he has Andray Blatche, Jordan Crawford. They have a nice young core here, man. It’s all about being patient and knowing that if you’re working hard every single day that things are going to change soon. Like I said, they have a great group of guys here and they look like they enjoy playing with each other. It’s just a matter of time before everything starts to click. Same scenario with us, man. I didn’t know know what was going to happen. After the first year, losing 62 games, then the second year, losing 59. Coming back, your confidence is shot a little, not knowing what’s going to happen. But, if you stay positive and stay confident, things are going to change.
On whether Washington, D.C. is a destination for big-name free agents:
I think so. I was just talking to one of my guys this morning; I said, ‘Big time guys should come here.’ It’s the nation’s capital, it’s a nice market, fans are very loyal. So I don’t see why guys wouldn’t come here. They always do a great job of promoting young players into good players. They’re starting here, with the Wizards, with this young group. I don’t see why not. But for myself, I’m glad I’m in Oklahoma City.
Kevin Durant also said that this Wizards team, now 1-12, is “better than their record shows.” Debatable.
And, on a somewhat related note, the Wizards vs. Rockets game was playing on the big screen in the Thunder locker room about an hour before tonight’s tip. JaVale McGee’s “JaVanity” dunk in the 3rd quarter got laughs and remarks from a number of Thunder players.
- D.C. Council Game 62: Wizards 114 at Bucks 107: Wiz Nearly Skunked Suds in Brew City
- D.C. Council Game 61: Wizards 104 vs Jazz 91: AARP #WizVets Chase Jazz Off Capitol Lawn
- John Wall is… Fast? Paced? Randy Wittman, Tyrone Corbin & Richard Jefferson Speak On It
- D.C. Council Game 60: Wizards 104 vs Grizzlies 110: Memphis Advances to Victory via Points Statistics
- D.C. Council Opening Statements: Grizzlies vs Wizards, Game 60
- D.C. Council Game 59: Wizards 122 at 76ers 103: Bubba Chuck’s Night Stolen by Hookah Arms Ariza
- D.C. Council: Wizards 134 at Raptors 129: Wiz Kids (and #WizVets) Dig Triple-OT Deep, Score Dino-Sized Bones
- Drew Gooden Has a Spirit Animal and An Irreverent Role in Wizards Lore