Kevin Durant on Rebuilding and Whether He’d Play in D.C.
On the Wizards’ struggles to rebuild, particularly without a second star to help John Wall:
[Wall] does (have help). He does have some guys here, you know. He has JaVale, he has Andray Blatche, Jordan Crawford. They have a nice young core here, man. It’s all about being patient and knowing that if you’re working hard every single day that things are going to change soon. Like I said, they have a great group of guys here and they look like they enjoy playing with each other. It’s just a matter of time before everything starts to click. Same scenario with us, man. I didn’t know know what was going to happen. After the first year, losing 62 games, then the second year, losing 59. Coming back, your confidence is shot a little, not knowing what’s going to happen. But, if you stay positive and stay confident, things are going to change.
On whether Washington, D.C. is a destination for big-name free agents:
I think so. I was just talking to one of my guys this morning; I said, ‘Big time guys should come here.’ It’s the nation’s capital, it’s a nice market, fans are very loyal. So I don’t see why guys wouldn’t come here. They always do a great job of promoting young players into good players. They’re starting here, with the Wizards, with this young group. I don’t see why not. But for myself, I’m glad I’m in Oklahoma City.
Kevin Durant also said that this Wizards team, now 1-12, is “better than their record shows.” Debatable.
And, on a somewhat related note, the Wizards vs. Rockets game was playing on the big screen in the Thunder locker room about an hour before tonight’s tip. JaVale McGee’s “JaVanity” dunk in the 3rd quarter got laughs and remarks from a number of Thunder players.
- D.C. Council 12: Wizards at Bucks — Ship Steadied, Comeback Sealed
- Key Legislature: Wizards 111 at Bucks 100 — Pierce and His Wolfpack Shake Off Cleveland Hangover
- D.C. Council 11: Wizards vs Cavs — Lights-Out Wall Leaves Cleveland ‘in the Dark’
- Key Legislature: Wizards 91 vs Cavs 78 — Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall
- Opening Statements: Wizards vs Cavaliers, Game 11
- D.C. Council 10: Wizards vs Mavericks — Dallas Ponies Up, Washington Stuck at the Gate
- Key Legislature: Wizards 102 vs Mavericks 105: Information Overload Bluescreens Washington Defense
- Lining Up the Wizards (So Far); Pre-Game Quotes from Randy, Rick & Richard